3sixteen Denim Series, Bracelets, Shirts...

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kiya, Apr 27, 2009.

1. mattah

mattah Member

Sorry haven't read the complete thread, but is there any chance of a coated SL series jean in the future? I much prefer the SL cut but like the idea of a pair of black coated jeans for my next pair.

2. ajchen

ajchen Affiliate Vendor

mattah, we are looking into the possibility of doing that right now. stay tuned.

3. The Day Man

The Day Man Well-Known Member

My lone beef with the bracelet is it can come done pretty easily. I put some gloves on this afternoon and then took them off in the car. I then realized that putting the gloves on had pushed the bracelet up my wrist a bit and undone the fasten.

That was my one concern. I wondered how that would hold up over time.

4. nonissue

nonissue Senior member

mattah, we are looking into the possibility of doing that right now. stay tuned.

if you do it, I will buy it.

5. slaani

slaani Senior member

My lone beef with the bracelet is it can come done pretty easily. I put some gloves on this afternoon and then took them off in the car. I then realized that putting the gloves on had pushed the bracelet up my wrist a bit and undone the fasten.

I'm feeling the same pain. If it gets much worse as it ages, I'm going to see about adding something to the top of the fasten so it's more difficult to fasten/undo.

6. kalanigee

kalanigee Senior member

if you do it, I will buy it.

Me too.

7. kiya

kiya Brand Representative Affiliate Vendor

8. splattered

splattered Senior member

Which 3sixteen would be closer to the nudie slim jim and APC NS? The straights or slims?

9. kiya

Which 3sixteen would be closer to the nudie slim jim and APC NS? The straights or slims?

The slim ST-100x

10. splattered

splattered Senior member

The slim ST-100x

Really? They look reeeally skinny, but maybe it's just the model and the way he's standing?

And forgive my n00bness, but the black dry coated... are those the same as nudie black coated that obtain a leather like sheen after numerous wears? The description says they break in and reveal the indigo underneath which doesn't sound like the same thing to me.

11. kiya

Really? They look reeeally skinny, but maybe it's just the model and the way he's standing?

And forgive my n00bness, but the black dry coated... are those the same as nudie black coated that obtain a leather like sheen after numerous wears? The description says they break in and reveal the indigo underneath which doesn't sound like the same thing to me.

It's definitely not like Nudies' denim, these actually fade to indigo, it's essentially an indigo denim that's been black coated.

12. splattered

splattered Senior member

It's definitely not like Nudies' denim, these actually fade to indigo, it's essentially an indigo denim that's been black coated.

Right on... so say after tons of wears, what would the difference be in appearance between the regular indigo and the black indigo that have worn through the coating?

13. ajchen

ajchen Affiliate Vendor

It's hard to compare the SL to both the NS and the Nudie Slim Jim because that cut is slimmer than the NS...The SL series is closest in fit to the APC NS.

The black coated jeans are not the same as the Nudie black coated jeans; the sheen actually wears off in the first month or so, and the jean begins to fade indigo. Here are some pics of kixslf's pair that has been worn quite heavily:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. splattered

splattered Senior member

Damn... i can't decide if i want the straight or slim :/

I rather like these... do want.

15. edubs01

edubs01 Senior member

Thinking of purchasing the SL-100x - Straight Leg Indigo Selvedge
    Do these bleed a lot?
    Most of my jeans measure 16 - 16.5 across? What size do you recommend getting?