• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lovelysteve
that's what it looks like in the photo, you look awkward in your clothes.

meh I don't see it...I just don't understand how there can be that much of a difference between a picture and reality.

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Admittedly I thought the jeans were a tad wide, normally people size down 2 in diors and it looks like you went TTS, which isn't the slimmest fit. The stacking is also probably a bit much with the length of the jacket, but nothing major. I kind of agree with the turtleneck comment too but don't think it looks too bad. Nothing wrong with the boots or jacket though.

I see that you're being a bit analytical about this, try not to be, the boots can understandeably be confused with shoes and you are more muscular than most of the sufu anorexic kiddos, take solace in the fact that they are genuinely trying to give advice on what they think needs work, not just saying they don't like it.

I must agree with the photography point above, it is hard to make out the details and the pose looks a bit awkward, I try not to look at the camera and try to think about something else for a brief moment, so that I don't look 'stiff' unless I am trying to look stiff.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
stazy I don't like how your diors fit, or basically they fit like a generic jean, and why would you pay dior prices if thats the fit you end up with

Brian SD

Reaction score
I think they fit perfectly fine. You don't have to wear them exactly how they appear on the runway - they still have the general silhouette of Diors with the stacking, and Diors tend to lose a lot of their appeal when not in motion. The best part about them is the top block, and we can't even see it in that picture.

I like Stazy's fit. I think the proportions are excellent - I kind of see where the "big neck" comment came from, but I didn't notice it until it was mentioned and I still think it looks legit as ****. Honestly it's one of the few times I think Robert Geller outerwear looks really good.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I like stazy's fits, this one is a bit over the place with eg's, geller, dior and jil not working together imho. I like more direction, turtleneck and shoes are too refined for the other pieces.

Brian SD

Reaction score
Shoes are the weak link, I agree with that. Even if they were some more rugged looking boots, it would be a big improvement. All in all it still looks really good to me.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I was just going to say boots in my post but didn't.

Brian SD

Reaction score
Speaking of which, have you seen anything standout this season in that regard? I haven't bought any nice boots in a long time (some suede Jil Sanders from a few years ago still holding up really nicely though). I checked out the latest Julius joints last weekend and was wholly unimpressed.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Depends on what type are you looking for B? For me you have to drop chips on boots but one that really stood out to me at a decent price was a pair of reverse leather butteros but they're fairly high. I think they do some nice boots. They're on the barneys site but they look better in person, that's for the conventional dark boot carpe ish look. Margiela has some but they're obviously more streamlined and well "margiela" so not very rugged. Jil has some that are low and polished kind of equestrian that I like. I don't like any of the sz ones like bbs, augusta or any of that.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
new cp combat boots are pretty much perfect imo

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I don't like the Red Wing boot trend.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I can't believe cats are still buyin them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads