• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J.Crew x Alden Indy Boots

wagthesam

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by videocrew
Indy - 11D
Purcells - 11D
Vans - 11.5D
Alden LHS - 11E
Weejuns - 11EE
Sperrys - 12D
Rainbows - XXL
Clarks DB - 12D

purcells 11 but clarks 12? That doesnt seem right.

videocrew

Reaction score
Originally Posted by wagthesam
purcells 11 but clarks 12? That doesnt seem right.

That's what you get for trusting an illiterate internet stranger. The DB's are an 11, but my Wallabies oddly enough are a 12.

drewdub

Reaction score
Originally Posted by IIIrd Icon
... for employees or in general? cuz they heavily discounted the RW collab last spring.

Employees. When i was working there the only thing we ever got on discount were the Jack Purcells. All the other collabs were hands-off - but employees were free to buy them with any customer discount.

Based on the expansion of J Crew collabs i would say that employees would be likely to get Converse and RW stuff, but I would venture to guess that the small collaberations - Barbour, Alden, etc. would be no go.

videocrew

Reaction score
Straight from Alden:
Pecan Austin leather is used for our Indy Boot style 405. The 40510H Indy Boot (J. Crew version) is made from chromexcel.

We are not familiar with Obenaufs product; but we don't know of anything that Venetian Shoe Cream isn't good for!

jsg28

Reaction score
I was just in Soho and grabbed a pair. These shoes are awesome; the color is very rich.

MiniW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the blackbird ones are just regular standard indys, the exact ones you can get from shoemart or Alden shops. the price reflects that too.

enigma77

Reaction score
Are these still being made/sold? The color is better than any other Indys out there (except ultimate indy, but j crew is so much easier). I saw them in the Feb '10 catalog but not on the website. Are they store-only?

hobscrk777

Reaction score
Originally Posted by enigma77
Are these still being made/sold? The color is better than any other Indys out there (except ultimate indy, but j crew is so much easier). I saw them in the Feb '10 catalog but not on the website. Are they store-only?

...they are on the website.

b-ill

Reaction score
They were taking down during the current sale, along with all other collabs.

wahwho11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^so they won't be a part of the sale.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads