• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New gap denim

Jokerman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was checking out the Explore 1969 jeans link on the gap site and saw the skinny jeans. They look interesting. Has anyone seen them/tried them on. Measurements? It says there only sold in the store.

Ohhai

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jokerman
I was checking out the Explore 1969 jeans link on the gap site and saw the skinny jeans. They look interesting. Has anyone seen them/tried them on. Measurements? It says there only sold in the store.

The new skinny as far as I know did not change. I have the old rigid skinnys which as of a few days ago were still on gap.com in the sale section.

I have not seen any new skinny fits yet to compare.

I can post measurments of mine when I get home but if you search this thread, I am almost positive someone already did.

cthip

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ohhai
The new skinny as far as I know did not change. I have the old rigid skinnys which as of a few days ago were still on gap.com in the sale section. I have not seen any new skinny fits yet to compare. I can post measurments of mine when I get home but if you search this thread, I am almost positive someone already did.
i have last season's/year's skinny fit also and like the fit a lot. fit is somewhere between an apc ns and apc nc, pretty similar to a nudie slim jim but slightly slimmer. only major complaint is that the denim is a little on the thin/light side (not necessarily a bad thing in the summer). also not a fan of the coin-pocket selvage but for the price i can live with it. they're still available here, albeit in ridiculous sizes. i don't want to meet the man that orders skinny jeans in a size 40 waist. http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do...ID=25781&vid=1 here are the measurements of my size 30x32 waist: 34.5 (crazy stretching in the waist--i can pull them off if i don't wear a belt) front rise: 9.25 back rise: 14 thigh: 12 knee: 8.25 leg opening: 8 inseam: 32 if they were available for under $40 in a size 29x34 i'd buy them again, but i don't think i'd pay $60 or $80 for them. i figure my next pair will be the 3sixteen ST series which seems to be a pretty similar cut by the measurements with somewhat heavier denim.

Jokerman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ohhai
The new skinny as far as I know did not change. I have the old rigid skinnys which as of a few days ago were still on gap.com in the sale section.

I have not seen any new skinny fits yet to compare.

I can post measurments of mine when I get home but if you search this thread, I am almost positive someone already did.

The ones I saw where not online for sale. In store only it said. I found it through here http://www.gap.com/browse/info.do?cid=49294 but under the mens of course.

mr. burns

Reaction score
Originally Posted by WE350B
I don't have a working camera at the moment, except for an iPhone, and the results were disastrous, sorry. They're not on the Gap website. They do show a buckleback authentic there, but it's medium wash. The ones I got were clearly rigid, also, the ones on the website didn't have the selvage-lined back pockets (top edge) and middle belt loop, which mine have. I say call around, see if they have them. I just got home and tried them on again and then tried on some other "premium" denim (SC, SDA, etc.) to compare. Yes, I still like them, a lot actually. I guess it starts with them having a "golden" fit (self edge phrase kop).
well i walked into the gap today and was told that all premium denim was $20 off. also applied for a gap carda nd got another 15% off. so i checked out the 1969 authentic they had listed for $88. i think they're the ones listed above. tried them on and really liked the fit so i pulled the trigger. kinda slim but a decent rise, which is what i was looking for. i had some levi tumbled rigid 514s that were starting to feel a little tight [working out] and i wanted more ball room. on the inside it says that they are ring spun and to dry clean only. they come with a ~1" cuff fold already done, and it's pretty well creased. i think it looks alright but i might try to get rid of the creases. there are side creases from being folded that don't go along the stitching. maybe they'll just sort themselves out over time. the rivets have little tufts of denim poking through and there are hidden rivets on the back pockets. the rear pockets have a selvedge lining at the top which is a little obnoxious for my taste but i figure they'll be covered up by shirts so it won't be too bad. with discounts they were around $60. got 31x32.
CRW_5695.jpg
CRW_5696.jpg
CRW_5697.jpg
CRW_5708.jpg

mr. burns

Reaction score
Originally Posted by DuFace
besides the back pocket selvedge, those look really nice!
yea, it'll be covered most of the time so it's not too bad.
Originally Posted by BrooklynHighpost
Those are the Authentic Selvedge ?
well, they are selvedge. they're just listed as 'authentic' on the label and they're different from the 'authentic selvage' currently on the website. guess it's a brand new redesign.

constantine.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by cthip
waist: 34.5 (crazy stretching in the waist--i can pull them off if i don't wear a belt)

is the stretching mainly in the waist? anywhere else experience excessive stretch?

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I sized down 1 for authentic so everything was snug and it was baggy in the front crotch. I sized down 2 and had to suck it in to fasten the top button and it was still baggy in the crotch.

Anyone else have this happen? I was ready to buy today, but now I'm not so sure.

mr. burns

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Reggs
I sized down 1 for authentic so everything was snug and it was baggy in the front crotch. I sized down 2 and had to suck it in to fasten the top button and it was still baggy in the crotch. Anyone else have this happen? I was ready to buy today, but now I'm not so sure.
i got mine pretty snug, not tight, and they seem fine. after wearing 514s i was relieved to have a little more room to breathe down there lol.

spidernight

Reaction score
they're having a buy 1 get 1 free promotion but there is only one shirt that looks good on me and i want to buy. anyone in nyc in the same boat?

Ohhai

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mr. burns

well, they are selvedge. they're just listed as 'authentic' on the label and they're different from the 'authentic selvage' currently on the website. guess it's a brand new redesign.

None of the selvage jeans are going to say "selvage" on them and Authentic is simply the fit name.

Authentic is a brand new fit so they are not a redesign, simply a different pair of jeans. Yours are the Authentic bucklebacks in what I assume is rigid. Those are not on gap.com that I have seen.

I have yet to see the full line of "elevated" denim in one place in order to give you guys a proper run down, but I will see what I can do next week.

I saw the rigid denim jacket today and it's pretty cool, especially for the price. It will definitely make a cool project to break in. I know I will never give it the wear it needs and thats the only reason I didn't get it.

Originally Posted by constantine.
is the stretching mainly in the waist? anywhere else experience excessive stretch?

Mine have knee bags but no worse than any of my levi's and definitely not like my NS.

Mine are a tagged 31x32 and my waist measures 16.75 right now with 2 months since my last wash. No idea what they were brand new but I would guess about 16 is a safe bet.

Ohhai

Reaction score
Originally Posted by spidernight
they're having a buy 1 get 1 free promotion but there is only one shirt that looks good on me and i want to buy. anyone in nyc in the same boat?

Thats a lot of effort to meet someone and split a buy one get one over what like MAYBE 20 dollars?

Get a tshirt.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads