• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I also love how he never answers questions because of his pride always making attempts at jokes while he's at it.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Gareth Pugh Homme is so bad that Barneys won't put it on the floor and is considering RTV'ing it.

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by XenoX101
+1 on Ann D, she is fantastic with layers and never ceases to amaze me with how relevant she makes such historical ideas of dress. Definitely wouldn't put her among the 'goth ninjas' and hate it when she is pigeon holed as such as it is insulting to her originality. Only designers I can think of that have done similar stuff are Robert Geller and Number Nine.

The downside of being so unique however, is that it can be hard finding 'compatible' clothes or designers, i.e: dressing like a poet without wearing more than 1 ann d piece isn't so easy.

Why spend hundreds of dollars to look like a poet, when for a mere $70 you can look like the ultimate poet?

http://www.somethingawful.com/d/fash...ional-male.php

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
Gareth Pugh Homme is so bad that Barneys won't put it on the floor and is considering RTV'ing it.

Why would Barneys carry this anyway? BTW I liked the show, do you mean bad in terms of construction/materials or bad because the pieces suck...

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am really curious how successful people like this are. How many people would really want to buy that? What sets it apart from 700 other brands who sell basically the same thing?

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
rrl wants to charge me $90 for a 'tube' tshirt when I can get 2 from muji for like $15.

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't think girls like shorts on guys.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
Why would Barneys carry this anyway? BTW I liked the show, do you mean bad in terms of construction/materials or bad because the pieces suck...

A bit of both and that no one can figure out how to wear it.

Here is a men's shirt...
5333_755600653107_3600728_43721838_.jpg

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A bit of both and that no one can figure out how to wear it.

Here is a men's shirt...

OH ****. Look on the bright side, if you're ever in the gulf, you can use it for shrimping.

stylo 9000

Reaction score
Originally Posted by wiru
If you spend on something, it should make you look wealthy? Paying buckets of money to 'look rich' is about the most tasteless approach to fashion I can imagine.

no, if you want to look poor, i say you don't spend a lot of money doing it. but i can also see the appeal of super-expensive authentic repros. dah well.

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A bit of both and that no one can figure out how to wear it. Here is a men's shirt...

Holy ****. I'm now even more interested at one of my local stores being about to stock Gareth Pugh.
Originally Posted by tagutcow
Why spend hundreds of dollars to look like a poet, when for a mere $70 you can look like the ultimate poet? http://www.somethingawful.com/d/fash...ional-male.php
Eyes, hurting. Speaking of which though I do have the Ann D bondage shirt with ties on the arms and back, still a bit nervous about wearing a tie sinched back shirt without a jacket or vest. Oh and there's a Junya stark white women's shirt I saw that was virtually unisex, which had the collar as two white strips of material that you could certainly make a bow out of.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dudes are going to wake up in a couple of years with a hangover and think "WTF? Why was I wearing shorts with dress shoes? I looked like ******* Urkel."

On the list of trends we will all regret (if we don't already):

Boat shoes (more colorful than the late 80's craze)
Shorts
Jorts (that took only 1/2 a season for people to start regretting)
Sizing down (Most everyone looks a stuffed sausage when wearing sized down jeans, especially. Slim clothing is meant to be worn that way. Other clothing, not so much.)
Vests worn casually (see Chandler in the first season of Friends)
Ninja masks (this will be remembered as the moment ninja goth jumped the shark)
Shrunken anything (face it - it is less comfortable)
Rick Owens moonboot sneakers (just ******* ugly)
Marc Jacobs (the man, not the brand)
Varsity jackets (remember the 8-ball jacket?)

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
^you forgot to include shrunken hoodies that end at the waist and intricate belts

also leather cuff bracelets if the coolster is gay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics