• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

itsjustadrian

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Epaulet
If you can wait until 11/15, we've got a special makeup of black-on-black Indy's coming.
Details +1

And LeatherSoul, do you mean to say you have the Ultimate Indy in Black?

itsjustadrian

Reaction score
Awesome. How much are they and as for sizing how do they run? I wear 11 in Jack Purcells, 10.5 in Clark's Desert Boots (as recommended I sized down for these) and 11 in Florsheims and Cole Haan so I'm guessing I'm a TTS 11.

MiniW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ just get your normal Alden size. If you lace them tight enough the boat shoes won't slip off. No need to size down IMO.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robin
Ooo... details?

Sure, it will be a black upper with black stitching and fittings. The sole with be the standard Indy cork, and the welt will be brown - so it will have a nice subtle contrast between the black top and brown bottom. We did it in an oily matte calfskin, and it has a full glove leather liner. Should be delivered in early November.

Cheers,
Mike

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ Sounds great. Do you have any other special Alden makeups coming in this year?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robin
^ Sounds great. Do you have any other special Alden makeups coming in this year?

Yup, we've got:

September: Brown Chromexel Indy boot on the double leather dress sole
October: 9-eyelet Barrie last wingtip boot in glossy black calfskin

I'm working on a few good models for Feb/March right now. We've also prepared a really nice documentary feature on Alden with a photo gallery and 10min video. I'm going to put together a small microsite to accompany our September release.

jpo

Reaction score
Anyone know of some good pricing on the Alden suede Chukka's?

Thought there might be some end of season deals out there.

airportlobby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The price on the chukkas should be about the same everywhere (free shipping at Shoe Mart). Per Alden, the standard stuff doesn't really get discounted unless a store is liquidating stock.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by airportlobby
The price on the chukkas should be about the same everywhere (free shipping at Shoe Mart). Per Alden, the standard stuff doesn't really get discounted unless a store is liquidating stock.

And they're worth every cent. If you buy a pair, you'll never go back.

adfan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jpo
Anyone know of some good pricing on the Alden suede Chukka's?

Thought there might be some end of season deals out there.

I tried looking for specials on the Alden suede chukkas - no luck. It appears that they are very popular. I got them for $364 at the Alden shop in SF.

I was told to get them snug - because they stretch. Very comfortable.

Regards

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
^thinkin about those too

JonB27

Reaction score
How is the sizing on the unlined Chukkas? Which last should I compare them to in terms of sizing? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads