• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Five Guys

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Class54
I can't believe there is a thread on this site in which members are actually recommending Burger King, Wendy's, and/or McDonalds.

I guess I can understand why someone would willingly eat the baconator: cold, slimy bacon; tepid cheese; unevenly prepared meat; stale, yet soggy bun.

Sounds divine.

You are mistaken, we are not recommending these places as the "best". We are merely saying that they are better than 5Guys.
smile.gif

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
Their toppings and condiments are amongst the most disappointing things to me.

I expect pickles to have a little snap to them. Onions to be a little crunchy. Lettuce to be crisp. Five Guys has none of this. Every piece of the burger is the same consistency. It was rather dismaying.

This has not been my experience. But if it were, and everytime I went to Five Guys I got ****** toppings, then I'd be a lot more apt to share your opinion of the place.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
This has not been my experience. But if it were, and everytime I went to Five Guys I got ****** toppings, then I'd be a lot more apt to share your opinion of the place.

There's only one here. I've been twice (a month between visits, just to give it a fair chance). Same story both times.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
There's only one here. I've been twice (a month between visits, just to give it a fair chance). Same story both times.

I've also only been to one, 86th street in Indianapolis, in case you're ever there
wink.gif
. I would definitely be pissed if I had non crunchy lettuce or soggy onions. Luckily, that one always has pretty good toppings. Anyway, I still don't think 5 Guys is the best burger ever or anything. I just think it's the best widely available quick-service burger I've ever had.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
I've also only been to one, 86th street in Indianapolis, in case you're ever there
wink.gif
. I would definitely be pissed if I had non crunchy lettuce or soggy onions. Luckily, that one always has pretty good toppings. Anyway, I still don't think 5 Guys is the best burger ever or anything. I just think it's the best widely available quick-service burger I've ever had.

Also depends on your idea of "quick service". The first time I went, there was a 15 minute line and a 25 minute wait. The second time was a two minute line and an 20 minute wait.
smile.gif
This is the description of the area that Five Guys resides in:
What's Coming to The Landing? Wide, vibrant sidewalks—lined with lively cafes, dynamic retail shops and cozy residential buildings—will encourage pedestrians to stroll throughout the varied streets. A collection of restaurants surrounding a strong retail core will create a venue vibrant enough to be a year-round destination.
haha... its in Renton, sandwiched in between Fry's and Boeing. Classy!

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Went to Five Guys tonight and it was as great as ever and the cheese was perfectly melted as always incase you are reading Rambo.

brittain

Reaction score
Ive always had melted cheese and fresh, crispy toppings. Im not totally smitten like a lot of DC people are, but for the money, they're hard to beat.

JSC437

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I heard they are opening a location near Grand Central (east side)... is there any truth to this?

Roikins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I enjoy Five Guys when I'm in DC, but maybe it's because it's wrapped in the foil, but it just seems like a dense and greasy burger to me, which makes it great when you're having or had some drinks, but I can't seem to enjoy too much when I've not been drinking.

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TexasLidig8r
IN - N - OUT Burger is better than a consolation prize for you!

+1

i dont know why anyone would ever got o five guys if they have access to in n out

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JSC4President
I heard they are opening a location near Grand Central (east side)... is there any truth to this?

Don't know about Grand Central but I've noticed a couple have popped up in Manhattan since my last visit. One near NYU and another on Bleecker in the west village.

intent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The name sounds like a gay bar.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads