• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Farinelli's Flash Sale- Rag & Bone, Nudie, Chimala, PRPS

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
I mean, based on those measurements they should fit (when going for your usual size) the way they should once they've stretched, ie, ~2". My 5epsfs fit well, but a bit loose, as I wear them lower on my hips; they measure out to 34" now when they were at 32" originally.

The cinchback does help, too.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You and I must be the exact same size. I usually wear a tagged 32W, with an actual waist of 34" post-stretching, varying slightly with rise, of course.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Yup, sounds like it. I push down on my jeans when I wear them so they sit on my hips which makes them that much more comfortable to wear (like you said, depending on rise).

Thanks for giving me the heads up. I'll be sure to have things set aside so that they "magically" disappear before a sale from now on.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
Thanks for giving me the heads up. I'll be sure to have things set aside so that they "magically" disappear before a sale from now on.
hahaha... I wondered if I had an "in", would the Farinelli's guys really cancel my order if it was before 12??
Originally Posted by PeterParker
KMW Hand Dyed 1980? Those are dreamy...
Yep! In the end, I thought the blue would be too bright to go with the other stuff I wear. They look gorgeous, though.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ah, I'd never let those Canadians get them! Besides, they were way too busy complaining about shipping
biggrin.gif
Ok, my work here is done. I am going to bed.

somatoform

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just go to Holt Renfrew, TnT, or Over the Rainbow and get the same jeans for $300 CAD instead of $150 CAD. It's as simple as that.

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zissou
Oh yeah... placed my order at 12:00:15 according to the Farinelli's receipt
nod[1].gif
I picked up a pair of KMW 2010 (32x34) and Chimala bucklebacks (31). Thanks for the heads up on the Chimala's, whodini! Those photos convinced me to pick them up.

I was trying to decide on raw or washed, then I just decided to get both
smile.gif

Thanks again for a great deal, guys!

+1, though I am not sure why I did.

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by junebugmm
Isn't there some way we could get a reasonable shipping price to CAN
instead of the $30? Ship in some old dirty bag for all I care as long as the
jeans don't come damaged.

Shipping to Canada is expensive if you want a delivery service with tracking. If you go with the normal First Class mail it's only $9, but there is no tracking. Here are the USPS rates for a 2 lb package (which is about what a pair of KMW's weigh).....

http://ircalc.usps.gov/IntlMailServi...2&P=2&O=0&sd=1

PeterParker

Reaction score
Originally Posted by nonissue
It's not the percentage, it's the total price. the 30 dollars shipping + the exchange make it not worth it for me personally. I appreciate the amazingness of this offer, and would cop if I had more free cash at the moment. That being said, I wish farinelli's would offer more options for shipping to canada, because 30 bones is too much.
Originally Posted by junebugmm
Isn't there some way we could get a reasonable shipping price to CAN instead of the $30? Ship in some old dirty bag for all I care as long as the jeans don't come damaged.
Originally Posted by zissou
Besides, they were way too busy complaining about shipping
biggrin.gif

While I agree that Canadian orders are being overcharged for shipping (last time I ordered a shirt from Farinelli's, the postage was less than $20), enough with the public bitching. It's not like Farinelli's is the only place that charges more for Canadian shipping. Many retailers don't even ship to Canada, or ship by UPS or FedEx which costs $30 or more for shipping (and that's not including when your package arrives and they bend you over to pillage your ass with outrageous brokerage fees). I had mentioned to Mauro about incorporating a postage calculator at checkout to determine the postage rates depending on the size of your order, but seeing as how the Farinelli's website is rather primitive I wouldn't count on that happening any time soon. If $10USD more is deterring you from making a purchase, then good riddance - fewer customers to compete with for the good deals.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by michaeljkrell
I wasn't talking about you... I consider Puerto Rico to be in the US.
And I don't care what anyone says, Omaha is one of the best states in mid-east America.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads