• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

physical awkwardness

wmmk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty gawky/uncoordinated/physically awkward. Whatever you want to call it. This presents a problem when I'm dancing around at a show, trying to pick up sessy hipster girls, but look like a doofus.

Could boxing help? Dance classes? Meditation? More weightlifting/filling out? Should I smoke some ganja to mellow out?
confused.gif

Thanks, guys.

SoundItOff

Reaction score
My advice to you is to start drinking heavily. This has the added bonus of making hipster girls slightly bearable to listen to.

dv3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hipster girl to my friend: "oh my gosh! you actually wear glasses to see!?" (SF clearly needs an interobang)

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i have no coordination either. don;t know what to tell you

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dv3
hipster girl to my friend: "oh my gosh! you actually wear glasses to see!?"

(SF clearly needs an interobang)

Correction... in that instance you would use a standard "!?!" instead of an interrobang.

An interrobang would be well employed in the title of the show "My House Is Worth What?" which even Kendra Todd seems unsure as how to inflect.

Oh, and why on earth does wmmk want to attract hipster girls? They'll probably drop him like a rock once they discover he works out.

warlok1965

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wmmk
I'm pretty gawky/uncoordinated/physically awkward. Whatever you want to call it. This presents a problem when I'm dancing around at a show, trying to pick up sessy hipster girls, but look like a doofus..

Do you know this for a fact? Have you actually seen yourself moving in a dorky manner or are you relying on third party input?

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Get laid. You probably have that virgin awkwardness.

dv3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tagutcow
Correction... in that instance you would use a standard "!?!" instead of an interrobang.
I don't think "!?!" exists in the English language. Please correct me (with proper nomenclature) if I am wrong. Part of me hopes that I am wrong.

blackbowtie

Reaction score
A friend of mine - yes, it is a friend - remedied his physical awkwardness by dancing by himself in front of the mirror. It seems to have worked, though I think taking up boxing may be a better and more productive way of correcting the problem.

Kris

Reaction score
Originally Posted by wmmk
Could boxing help? Dance classes? Meditation? More weightlifting/filling out? Should I smoke some ganja to mellow out?
confused.gif

Do ALL of that ****. Keep busy.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Take a dance class to build some rhythm. Remember, you're white, so It'll take time. I recommend Salsa as the best overall style to learn.

Also, keep in mind that women will forgive anything if you're rich or have a big cock. If you fall under either of these sub-headings then **** the dancing.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads