• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Factual errors/dumb stuff in movies that really ruin it for you

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jekyll
Zooming into a photo and pressing a big button that says sharpen.

Remember the scene in Super Troopers?

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teacher
Remember the scene in Super Troopers?

*click click click* "Enhance"

laugh.gif

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bbaquiran
Passwords are always visible when typed (rather than obscured with **** etc.). In huge fonts no less. The most sensitive government databases are always connected to the internet, and can be queried with simple english statements.

I love these too. I also love the fact that the CEO of a megacorporation -- who's also usually an evil genius -- uses his dog's name or his pet name for his secretary as his password...and the good guys get it on the third guess:

"Wait. Try..."

(dramatic pause)

"...'fluffyblossom!'"

(the screen proceeds to light up with dramatic announcements that 'fluffyblossom' is the password)

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
This thread is currently annoying me because ever since it's been posted, I've been racking my brain for this one movie that always annoys me because it doesn't make any sense, but I simply can't remember what movie it is.

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What about Bloodsport? Some guy who is in the American military, was raised by a Asian-American family from the time he was a child, and yet speaks with a weird Belgian accent. Makes no ******* sense.

longskate88

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't think anyone has mentioned this, but what about every scene in every action movie ever made, where the hero is being fired upon by the evil villian's entire security force...and kills them all with just a handgun, one shot per bad guy, while never getting hit. Bullets pinging off everything in the background, but the hero can magically dance through all the bullets, or at least crouch below them
laugh.gif
Makes me think of I, Robot in the final scene where Will and the girl shut down the computer in the glass skyscraper, with 100's of robots attacking them. Or when bad guys all stand in a circle around the hero, and attack the hero one at a time, giving the hero time to defeat them all with a knee to the groin or swift kick to the face. One more, NO ONE ever takes headshots in movies! ****, in real life, they don't either! Anyone seen the North Hollywood bank shooutout back in the 90's? Now I'm not into guns, and I don't know how hard it is to shoot someone's head, but still...a small bullet-prrof vest conveniently takes all the rounds, which the hero then removes before the final battle.

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Reminds me of that movie with Owen Wilson where he's an airplane pilot that gets shot down in Serbia and he single handedly defeats the entire Serbian army.

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by odoreater
What about Bloodsport? Some guy who is in the American military, was raised by a Asian-American family from the time he was a child, and yet speaks with a weird Belgian accent. Makes no ******* sense.

Evidently, that bothers you more than the fact that Sean Connery has been an Englishman, a Russian, a Spaniard-***-Egyptian, an Irishman (twice), and an American (I think), all with the same Scottish accent.

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by longskate88

One more, NO ONE ever takes headshots in movies! ****, in real life, they don't either! Anyone seen the North Hollywood bank shooutout back in the 90's? Now I'm not into guns, and I don't know how hard it is to shoot someone's head, but still...a small bullet-prrof vest conveniently takes all the rounds, which the hero then removes before the final battle.

It's true. Police and military are trained to aim for the torso at all times. The head and limbs are much smaller (of course) and they move.

LexSenthur

Reaction score
Anything that has to do with nuclear power, reactors, weapons, will, 99.9% of the time, ******* up beyond savings.

K19 Widowmaker couldn't even get the hiroshima yeild correct.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by odoreater

how about a cyborg from the future that was sent to the 80s, 90s and 00s with a thick Austrian accent? you'd think they'd fix that language chip up first or you think they realize they're sending the cyborg to Anytown, America instead of Baden, Austria.

montecristo#4

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acidicboy
how about a cyborg from the future that was sent to the 80s, 90s and 00s with a thick Austrian accent? you'd think they'd fix that language chip up first or you think they realize they're sending the cyborg to Anytown, America instead of Baden, Austria.

Duh, everyone knows that computers speak with a German accent.

Gradstudent78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acidicboy

They tried to explain this in one of the deleted scenes in T3, where the voice was based off of one of the designers.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have gotten to accept pretty much all movies are totally unrealistic, but it used to bug me

pretty much all action movies have unrealistic shootouts

when people fire bazookas indoors, or with something/someone behind them

most explosions in movies are made with liquid fuel - they don't look like real explosions

as somebody said - when people light up gastanks with a pistol shot

pet peeve - in die hard two, why didn't they just use the radio from an ariplane on the ground?

survalance in pretty much every movie ever made is crap.

pretty much every movie about intellegence - they simply ignore all the hard work of intellegence and either "buy" the intellegence from some private company or some friend or geek gives them the information, no attempt to explain where the information came from

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teacher
Evidently, that bothers you more than the fact that Sean Connery has been an Englishman, a Russian, a Spaniard-***-Egyptian, an Irishman (twice), and an American (I think), all with the same Scottish accent.

No, just never thought about it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads