• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Online suits tailor: review and recomend

talon

Reaction score
A few of the online tailors have a visiting tailor coming to sydney
So I'm looking to choose between them

Who I am currently looking at

http://www.onlinesuits.com/: they are very inexpensive which raises the questions of cheap quality and service.

http://www.princehenry.biz

http://www.ravistailor.com: Not sure when they are coming to Sydney but I'd like to know about them

If there are any good places that have a visiting tailor which are coming to Australia
And have a good reputation feel free to add

When getting my suits through Rundles the tailors were amazed at unaverage body when taking measurements. I really don't fit the standard sizes they just look bad even with alterations

Basically what this means is end up getting custom made for anything important
Although these do fit very nicely and feel great they are expensive

I'd rather pay for a expensive quality suit that lasts then end up with a bad cheap suit
But if I can get a quality suit for a good price I will. Small point I've heard people complain about suits being too fine and wearing out way too fast. I don't want that

Although I now have my measurements from my recent fittings I still prefer to meet with the tailors if just to choose fabric and colour types suit style ,and all the custom accessories
I probably get some shirts blasers, sports coats and pants as well while I'm there

If anyone has had experience negative or positive please share your valued wisdom

Small note

I tip my hat to the Nakhel shirtmakers in Sydney. They were very professional when I had my shirts done with them. Nice collection of fabrics and colours and the price is very reasonable for the quality

thanks guys
bigstar[1].gif

mdavie

Reaction score
Well onlinesuits.com and princehenry.biz are the same company so you can narrow your search down. I haven`t seen either`s quality so that`s all I can add.

Happy Shopping!

WhateverYouLike

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by talon
A few of the online tailors have a visiting tailor coming to sydney
So I'm looking to choose between them

Who I am currently looking at

http://www.onlinesuits.com/: they are very inexpensive which raises the questions of cheap quality and service.

http://www.princehenry.biz

http://www.ravistailor.com: Not sure when they are coming to Sydney but I'd like to know about them

If there are any good places that have a visiting tailor which are coming to Australia
And have a good reputation feel free to add

When getting my suits through Rundles the tailors were amazed at unaverage body when taking measurements. I really don't fit the standard sizes they just look bad even with alterations

Basically what this means is end up getting custom made for anything important
Although these do fit very nicely and feel great they are expensive

I'd rather pay for a expensive quality suit that lasts then end up with a bad cheap suit
But if I can get a quality suit for a good price I will. Small point I've heard people complain about suits being too fine and wearing out way too fast. I don't want that

Although I now have my measurements from my recent fittings I still prefer to meet with the tailors if just to choose fabric and colour types suit style ,and all the custom accessories
I probably get some shirts blasers, sports coats and pants as well while I'm there

If anyone has had experience negative or positive please share your valued wisdom

Small note

I tip my hat to the Nakhel shirtmakers in Sydney. They were very professional when I had my shirts done with them. Nice collection of fabrics and colours and the price is very reasonable for the quality

thanks guys
bigstar[1].gif

Interesting...Im going to give the trousers a try. At 40 bucks a pop, I might as well try it out.

WhateverYouLike

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The prices are impossible...for an overcoat,

Cashmere Wool Blend Made in Italy
\t
$259
Vicuna with mink and cashmere wool - Flannel (England)
\t
$259
Cashmere Wool in Herringbones Made in England
\t
$279
Wool Cashmere (England)
\t
$279
Pure Cashmere Made in Italy
\t
$299

Has to be bullshit right?

ginlimetonic

Reaction score
Originally Posted by WhateverYouLike
The prices are impossible...for an overcoat, Cashmere Wool Blend Made in Italy \t $259 Vicuna with mink and cashmere wool - Flannel (England) \t $259 Cashmere Wool in Herringbones Made in England \t $279 Wool Cashmere (England) \t $279 Pure Cashmere Made in Italy \t $299 Has to be bullshit right?
if its too good to be true, it is 99.99999% of the time. Me thinks back to Bernard L Madoff split strike returns - he's long delta and makes money when market goes up AND down. If only he gave his ponzi money to charity, he'd be called robin hood instead of 'monster madoff'

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
there's another couple i've heard of:
indochino.com - seems to have a few nice suits
shirtsmyway.com - doesn't really have many options. Can't even get a tuxedo shirt.

but none of the prices quite match that princehenry.biz one. those are amazing. I wonder if someone could comment on the quality?

yeah, I really can't see the point in buying expensive off-the-rack shirts anymore, unless by some blessing they all fit perfectly.

upnorth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Their prices tend to attract those who do not know better. For one, I would avoid them due to their dishonesty when dealing with customers. My associates and I, in our early days (2000), were victims for their "smooth talk" when we were in Thailand. The materials barely lasted the period of 6 months before looking shiney and old. Some of the fabrics are polyester passed off as cashmere to the ignorant. For our suits, we had four fittings over a period of 3 weeks plus a week of alterations due to the horrible fit. Ultimately, it still didn't fit right so I can't imagine a travelling tailor from their company getting it right the first time round in a foreign land.

Another reason I would avoid any of them is due to the misery and regret you get post purchase. They tend to hard sell and push you towards taking packages. The main problem is that their fit and house style is worse than some off the rack suits. They are very good at offering excuses when things go wrong and will strongly defend their style of doing things, including shoddy worksmanship and forgetting your requests entirely. One thing common in all Thai suits is very boxy shoulders and thick padding. Tey do not deviate from that even after upteen reminders.

I forgot to add that my experience was with Ravis Tailor. I don't know if this is the same as the link but I can't imagine tailoring from Thailand to do much better than Narin Couture, which is 3 times the prices of these indian tailors and even then, it's only just good, not outstanding. I just don't see Thailand as the place for quality tailoring.

If the OP says that he is willing to pay more for a quality suit, I don't think any of the companies in the link is capable of providing a decent suit he wants.

ccffm1

Reaction score

aolsen

Reaction score
I purchase my suits and dress shirts from RavisTailor, and I love them. The prices are very good, the quality as well, however I would just shy away from the "classic" section. My suits are from the premium section, the next will probably be from there as well, or I'll try an Exclusive one. I have a shirt from them which is # 513 from their Premium section. "Pure Cotton Broadcloth In Bold Continental Stripe On White 100% Cotton 2 Ply Stripe material for All Season use" I ironed it when I first started wearing it, however I don't anymore. Straight out of the dryer it's fine, no ironing needed. Although I prefer not to dry my shirts in the dryer hehe, I may just get them dry cleaned more than washing them at home. I also rarely iron my suits. And if I do, I like to use a cloth inbetween the fabric and iron. If you are going with a suit from RavisTailor, I recommend getting the British Construction (which is full canvas, not fused). It's about $35 extra. -Andre

DanielFarthing

Reaction score
After a bad, and very expensive, experience I would recommend avoid Ravi online tailor. I can provide more detail if you're interested, but suffice to say I was mislead, and ended up with some unwearable tat for which I paid a lot of money. Little details such as 'free shipping' costing a lot when it arrived (or you dont get your parcel), three piece suits actually being two pieces, all details (buttons etc) being as plainly cheap looking as possible, etc.... just awful. Bitterly disappointed, and they cost a lot. Avoid.

BeauDiddley

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gamer42_au
Has anyone dealt with Hira's Fashion (www.hiras.com) which do visiting tailoring?
I dealt with Andy Hira when he visited Dublin, Ireland. Very good salesman - not pushy like other travelling tailors - very keen to assess exactly what the custome would like and 'tailor' accordingly. Really good selection of cloths, measured up well. Took about six weeks, I think, all in all. Good results and more than happy to do minor alterations when I collected. Quality was very good indeed, but not a great deal cheaper than the few local tailors who work in the continuum between MTM and bespoke and with whom it's easier to build a rapport. But all in all, well worth a try - very genuine firm with high standards (full canvassing and all the other fripperies to which we're addicted).

Maessive

Reaction score
In short: avoid Ravis Custom Tailors! I ordered one linen suit and a sports jacket at Ravis Custom Tailors aka MyCustomTailor .com (they are the same).

My advice is to avoid them like the plague. Don't be tempted by the cheap offers, it's a total loss.

The linen jacket was cut like a very, very cheap suit and the fabric felt like a a brick. Horrible cut, sloppy shoulders, wrong material used inside that shone through the linen. Just wasn't right. I'm a tall guy, maybe Ravis Custom Tailors aka MyCustomTailor .com have problems translating their patterns to a big suit, but it was horrible.

The trousers were at least two sizes too big (!) while I had put a lot of effort in taking the correct measurements. Did it at least 5 times, played the how-to videos etc.

All Ravis Custom Tailors aka MyCustomTailor .com could do was ask me to upload pictures 'for future orders'. No offer to solve anything.

Ravis Custom Tailors aka MyCustomTailor .com charged my credit card twice for the jacket. It took me 6 weeks and 6 emails to get a just *response* from Ravis Custom Tailors aka MyCustomTailor .com . Ravis Custom Tailors aka MyCustomTailor .com just ignored me time after time and just kept the money.

Only after threatening I received a response with some lame excuse. Took another 4 weeks to transfer the money back to me.

If you want to order, or get stuck in the ordering process, Ravi Ravis Custom Tailors aka MyCustomTailor .com are answering within a few hours. But getting a refund for a wrongly charged creditcard was so hard that I really had the idea Ravis Custom Tailors aka MyCustomTailor .com had taken the money and ran.

The jacket supposedly was 180s wool. It appeared to be some sort of cheap wool/ synthetic mixture. Just fraudulent. Horn buttons ordered and paid for, but made of plastic.
The stitching in the armpit comes loose. Just like one button. Stitching quality is terrible, seams don'ty look nice at all, wrinkly. My earlier experience with complaining about their services discourages me to even try.
As you can read, I'm very very disappointed in Ravis Custom Tailors aka MyCustomTailor .com and I normally do not take the effort of writing reviews.

Again, avoid Ravi Tailor and My Custom Tailor ( mycustomtailor .com ), like the plague.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads