1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Online suits tailor: review and recomend

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by talon, Jun 24, 2009.

1. GBR

GBR Senior member

I would avoid both of those (as indicated PH and Online are the same) , Ravis is simply dreadful and their is much criticism.

Is there no local tailor you could try or alternately Gordon Yao is considering going to Australia next year.

2. Aristo36

Aristo36 Member

I am very unhappy to have this as my first post on this wonderful site- but I am sorry, I am very disappointed with the garment received from Ravis Tailor.

The garment fits as though cut for a much bigger man, feels hard and unpleasant to the touch, and the trousers are coming apart at the seams around the 'you-know-where'.

The only good thing that came from this experience is that it quickly led me to do more research on tailored to fit suits, menswear, style- which ULTIMATELY led me to discover Styleforum.net.

3. Pasha

Pasha Well-Known Member

It is a grand illusion to think that an overseas online tailor will make you a nice suit. In my prior life, I tried them with the same result over and over again- they churn out utter garbage. It's like asking them to make a nice car from cardboard. They will never say no, but you won't be able to drive it. For anything even remotely acceptable you need a 2nd fitting and not less than $1,000 (and, realistically, much more than that for anything really nice).

4. GBR

GBR Senior member

All crap - avoid.

5. acecow

acecow Senior member

+100

Online MTM is only suitable for shirts and maybe pants.

6. stylistQ

stylistQ New Member

It's no bull. I have been buying my suits from princhenry, mysuitshop, excellentsuits etc. for years..After my first suit from them, I will never buy off-the-rack again for dress/business attire. It was exactly what I asked for down to the smallest detail! The only thing I'm concerned about is my credit card. So I use a seperate card for that and I get new cards every 6-8 months.

7. Robi

Robi Member

post #11 of 11
    3 days, 9 hours ago
    Mycustomtailor.com & Ravistailor.com are one & the same ROTTEN outfit. Ravi, the master tailor who looks like a frog, is a dishonest & incompetent man. He measured the suit jacket 2 inches short, made the pant bottoms too big--this after I went thru the measurements with him three times. After the suit arrived & I informed him he asked me to mail the suit back to him in Thailand for corrections. I paid $40 to ship it & he returned the damn suit without fixing it. Now he says he can't fix the jacket. But if you read the terms & conditions of the contract, he is supposed to replace the jacket that he hasn't done. MYCUSTOMTAILOR.COM MUST BE AVOIDED like the plague. if you VALUE your hard earned money. In fact Thailand tailor have to be avoided like the plague. Go to Hong Kong or Shanghai where they honor their word & if you are dissatisfied they will remake the suit to please you. NOTE also that Ravistailor & Mycustomtailor do not identify the fabric quality on the inside of the jacket--largely because what material you pick at the time of ordering they switch it at delivery time. Lousy workmanship. Robi