• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Blue Dress Shoes

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I saw some really amazing dark blue oxfords with contrast stitching by C&J. It was one size too big for me so I couldn't buy it, and it made me think that now isn't the time to buy another set of shoes at full retail. Also don't want to spend that much but still wait the two months it takes to order and get them. But I keep getting closer and closer to going back to the store and ordering them.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by srivats
Anyone else think a pair in shell cordo would be awesome? Before you dismiss the thought outright, think about it: dark, dark navy with ligher creases ...
Yes, navy looks terrific in shell IMO.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
They're very common in France ....
Navy blue JM WESTON loafers were very popular because they matched equally navy blue suits and blue jeans..
They're very hard to find in the UK ,except Berluti or John Lobb ...
I do not like black dress shoes with navy blue suits...

radicaldog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
It helps if they are derbies and not oxfords.

Well yes, derbies are less dandified. In fact, some might even argue that derbies aren't dress shoes.

Actually non-dress blue shoes are fine even for crumpled, lazy dressers like myself. I've got two pairs of blue Clarks desert boots, but I've got those in any colour ever made (except black), and I wear them just because they were my 'one shoe' throughout high school -- desert boots are for cool left-wing kids, y'know (it's an Italian thing). And I'm sure I've also got some blue boat shoes somewhere.

superfans124

Reaction score
teacha.gif

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
^ "Please don't kick me in the balls for wearing this ridiculous outfit."

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

TexasLidig8r

Reaction score
I just picked up, last month, from a seller on this site, a beautiful pair of John Lobb Woodcotes in navy.. they look incredible with my navy suits.

Christofuh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They look vaguely disturbing
eh.gif

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Navy had a bad time because of older navy shoes being quite dull and lifeless..
With new patinas widely available and a greater freedom in our shoe colours , navy is a great alternative to black when wearing a navy suit...
It is by far the best combo with the latter..

bmulford

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I heart blue shoes - my Lobb Becketts
lobbblue.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads