• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New cell phone: Style before content!

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
LatestCellPhone-main_Full.jpg

CDFS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^
rimshot.gif
(unratable, since I don't want to hand out half stars and it's not an utter FAIL(/5))

BryanHarig

Thx, Some of those come close to move me. Especially the LG GD900. Apparantly design has its price, though. It seems cheaper to get a phone that can do the dishes, than it is to get a truly beautiful phone. But perhaps the Serene can be had at a discount now the Serenata (€1.400,- apparantly) is out.

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is the phone I use.

Nokia and Finnish design rules!

BryanHarig

Reaction score
^^ Wait 2 months and get the Touch Pro 2.
smile.gif
Originally Posted by CDFS
^
rimshot.gif
(unratable, since I don't want to hand out half stars and it's not an utter FAIL(/5)) BryanHarig Thx, Some of those come close to move me. Especially the LG GD900. Apparantly design has its price, though. It seems cheaper to get a phone that can do the dishes, than it is to get a truly beautiful phone. But perhaps the Serene can be had at a discount now the Serenata (€1.400,- apparantly) is out.

$800 USD on ebay for a new Serenata.
nod[1].gif
I wouldnt go for the Serene. It had pretty poor reviews and it is pretty old by now. Serenata review: http://www.mobile-review.com/review/...phony-en.shtml Serene review: http://www.mobile-review.com/review/...erene-en.shtml

Class54

Reaction score
Originally Posted by musicguy
The most stylish phone available.

brickphone1.jpg

Unfortunately, I've been seeing a lot of hipster-types walking around with these phones recently.

BrettChaotix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BryanHarig
^^ Wait 2 months and get the Touch Pro 2.
smile.gif

I dunno, I kinda like the look of the first generation a little more and it seems that other than a WVGA screen, the only big changes are the conferencing features (?)

It will take months to find one used so rather than pay $500 new for that, I'll hunt down a used Touch Pro for $200 on Craigslist
mwink[1].gif

CDFS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dkzzzz
This is the phone I use.

Nokia and Finnish design rules!

I (now) recall dismissing this phone a couple of years ago. Guess it was too much for me then...

Very nice.

Nomad_K

Reaction score
Apologies for the late reply - if you're looking for something with a bit of a unique look - the Porsche Design P9521 is a great looking piece that you won't find lying around too often. Also, the Nokia 8800 - older solid piano black as opposed to the carbon are also pretty solid looking phones. Both are a little older (going on two years) and pretty pricey. I'm not a fan, but I have to admit that the new LG Prada II is also a pretty well executed piece of kit.

For hardware alone - I'd look at something newer - the Samsung 8300 is a nice slim phone, and while its not a smartphone, it has a fantastic feature set for the size.

CDFS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nomad_K
Apologies for the late reply - if you're looking for something with a bit of a unique look - the Porsche Design P9521 is a great looking piece that you won't find lying around too often. Also, the Nokia 8800 - older solid piano black as opposed to the carbon are also pretty solid looking phones. Both are a little older (going on two years) and pretty pricey. I'm not a fan, but I have to admit that the new LG Prada II is also a pretty well executed piece of kit. For hardware alone - I'd look at something newer - the Samsung 8300 is a nice slim phone, and while its not a smartphone, it has a fantastic feature set for the size.
No apologies necessary, of course. I like the 8800.
Originally Posted by montecristo#4
PortORotaryBLK-01-L.jpg
http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/pro...roducts_id=286

Thank you. Lugging this beast around would be a dream come true!

spertia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My favorite-looking cell phone is the Talby, designed by Marc Newson:

Talby.jpg

20060819_1c.jpg

Unfortunately it was made for the Japanese market and does not work in the U.S. I'm such a design junkie that I've considered picking one up anyway, "just to have."

CDFS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^This phone has most of what the phone in my OP has, only better (looking).

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by montecristo#4
PortORotaryBLK-01-L.jpg

http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/pro...roducts_id=286

Very nice

I just might get this. I love rotary phones. I got one from a junk store when I was 7. I would probably replace the sparkfun logo with an old telcom logo if I could. I think back in the day the phone companies technically still owned your rotary phone when you signed up for service.

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I too cant bring myself to do anything with a cell beyond make phone calls and set alarms. I still carry a black flip Razr. It's perfect because it's thin enough to have in my pants pocket. I hate talking on the phone, and hate texting even more.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics