• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fashion trends you don't buy into

superfans124

Reaction score
short dress pants -- the ones short enough to show off your ankle and socks while walking.
manpurse -- not talking about messenger bag or bags with shoulder straps, but bulky "designer" bags looks like you are carrying both you and your girlfriend's grooming kits.
sandals -- I've had my fair share of wearing them (to everywhere) while I was still in school, indeed I didn't care and intented to leave that impression. although I don't do wear them outside my house anymore, but if I see the wearer is likely in college, I'll give him the pass.
square-toe shoes -- already been covered to death.
If I can say something about women's trends, I say snow boots (thought not really sure what they are called)-- as fugly as square-toe shoes for men, especially the ones with furry material on top.

Macallan9

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Phat Guido
Over-priced/hyped hi-top trainers with jeans (casually) tucked in..

+1 on long ass jeans tucked into shoes or boots, creating "stacking". Vomit.

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tie Bars
Skinny Ties
Collar Bars
Knit Ties
Short hemmed pants with cuffs
Gigantic cuffs
Dress shoes with no socks

And, I know it is not a trend but a fashion staple that many of you can't live without...but I feel like a tool with a pocket square. I guess I need to get over that.

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MBreinin
Tie Bars
Skinny Ties
Collar Bars
Knit Ties
Short hemmed pants with cuffs
Gigantic cuffs
Dress shoes with no socks

And, I know it is not a trend but a fashion staple that many of you can't live without...but I feel like a tool with a pocket square. I guess I need to get over that.

LOL for it to be a trend people outside of SF need to participate.

I believe I'm one of very few who participate in this forum who wears a collar pin, and i've only met one other person IRL that that wears one.

TheGreek

Reaction score
Flat front trousers,
un-cuffed trousers, square toe shoes

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
How the hell is cuffing or uncuffing your trousers a trend?

You gotta do one or the other...unless you prefer to roll them up.

TheGreek

Reaction score
1. Flat front trousers
2. un-cuffed trousers
3. square toe shoes
4. 2 button sport coats and suit jackets

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads