• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Questions about this hairstyle (long and pushed back, almost mane like)

bye4now122

Reaction score
I've been wearing a loose part/push over for a while now and I want try something new. After seeing the hangover I realized how much I worship Bradley Cooper's hairstyle.

photo_64_hires.jpg

photo_15_hires.jpg

photo_05_hires.jpg

I like it best in the last picture where it isn't as slicked back and combed formal as it is in the second picture. You can see that it is fairly long and pushed back, as I described it makes me think of a mane.

So I'm wondering if anyone has ever had this hairstyle or know what hair types work best with this and what makes this style (i.e. certain products or just letting it flow). I have dark brown hair that lightens up to brown in the summer, fairly thick (though is usually thinned out by my hairdresser) and a bit wavy/curly when long.

Thanks
smile.gif

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You could pull it off when your hair gets long enough (maybe February 2010) and you can keep it in place with some sculpting clay.

Be careful about ending up like this:

Michael-Bolton-Ballad-Selection-52772.jpg

thewallychamp

Reaction score
i've been wearing my hair long for a while now with the same kind of style.. however i need to go in to a real salon or shop and get it styled. i don't have a barber/stylist as of now so I need to find one.. before I do I need to know how to ask for what I want....

Do i need it thinned, layered, or what? I don't know the termanology.. but I know that the Hangover cut is a good one that I can try and pull off... so what do I need to ask for?

dsc03082i.jpg

haitv.jpg

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just bring in a picture of your desired look to your stylist. Avoid the chain salons (Fant Sams, SuperCutz, etc) for this particular cut. He/She will know what to do. Having a photo or printout is really important. Who wants to leave with a bad haircut?

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This is the best thread currently on style forum.

sbbbjm

Reaction score
LSO go to a stylist that's known for knowing how to work with wavy/curly texture. use Yelp or City Search to help you find reccomendations.

i make it a point to book appointments with stylists that have expeirence with my difficult texture (thick, coarse, some wave) and have at least 5 years experience generally. ALWAYS bring in pictures and its a good idea to have different angles of the person, or different styles they are putting it in to give the stylist a good feel for what you're looking for.

there's actually an art to getting longer looser cuts like that to fall correctly w/ minimal prep time to fix and the stylist that is accustomed to clients saying 'number 2 on the sides and some off the top' usually just doesn't cut it (haha, unintentional pun).

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
you know what's long and flowing? the fail in every post in this thread.

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
you know what's long and flowing? the fail in every post in this thread.

**** that, AK is an icon, my post is win.

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by unjung
**** that, AK is an icon, my post is win.

Haha I immediately thought of AK after that guido head shot.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads