• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bespoke from Singapore (pic heavy!)

No.XIII

Reaction score
What can I say, gshen... It's a great suit indeed. Never knew there's a great tailor across the Tebrau Straits. On the contrary, it is a challenge to find a good tailor in Malaysia.

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gshen
^^Thanks folks! ginghaman if you own an oxford suit, i'm sure there is some interest in seeing detailed pics as well!

teaser pics of my second suit from iris:

P1050486.JPG

Basically the same as the first suit, but with a lowered button stance and pick stitching (by hand). The 3rd piece, a 6 button DB vest with huge shawl lapels and black watch plaid back, will be done in maybe 2 weeks.

Will post pics of the completed product, along with pics of my brother's and a friend's suits from the same tailor when everything is completed in a couple of weeks -- can't wait!

Gshen - I look forward to the full set of pictures for your new suits. Can you include the full jacket interiors/lining please?

bowtielover

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A little tight in the torsoe, I know your going for that tailored look but it is a bit tight it makes you look bloated or something. I'm also not a big fan of of the ajustable waist on a suit pants you normally only see those on tux pants.

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bowtielover
I'm also not a big fan of of the adjustable waist on a suit pants you normally only see those on tux pants.

That looks like a normal style of waist band and adjuster which is very common on suits and trousers of all types.

Whilst belts are certainly more popular now adjusters ,commonly known as the DAKS top, are quite common as well. They do look cleaner than a belt although personal preference is paramount on having them or not. I actually think they look far better and gshen has certainly not chosen unwisely.

gshen

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks GBR, that is indeed my preference and I think it works quite well at least for me. I will get shots of the lining/interiors (fully lined, but boring black this time) for you in time to come!

bowtielover While the jacket is not 'tight' in the sense that I can't breathe, there is a little pulling at the button which I think I can live with. When I post pics in better lighting you might be able to judge this better.

gshen

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Pictures of my 3rd and latest commission, handwoven Butt of Lewis tweed, about 21oz in weight!

P1050655.jpg

P1050631.jpg

P1050633.jpg

P1050635.jpg

Apologies for the different trousers and lack of face in the first pic - looked really bad in the first set of photos I took.

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking GURD Brah!

Smahatma

Reaction score
Looks good. I think that tweed jacket could have benefited from a softer shirt-style shoulder though. The built, strong shoulders conflict with the other details that convey a casual nature.

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you for posting these.

Congratulations, you certainly have a keen eye - the waistcoat is quite unusual yet 'in the cloth' looks good. What was your inspiration? The tweed coat too offers an adventurous style but one which both suits you and also is good.

The only minor criticism and this may just be how you are standing is that the coat of the suit looks just a tad tight when buttoned but at the front and at the vents which seem to be just a bit too open. The tweed coat does not and I want if you need a slightly greater allowance for the waistcoat?? Trousers however are perfect.

Are the trousers with the tweed coat also bespoke? - If so, same tailor?

Can you post pictures of the coat interiors - to show lining and pockets please?

This certainly demonstrates that is at least one decent cutter in Singapore, despite a view that has emerged here over the last few years. You have an excellent eye and resulting wardrobe, Gshen, congratulations.

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kolecho
The collar on that tweed coat needs some tightening.
- dude will not all the vents wearing this in SIN!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads