• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Car Wax

greg_atlanta

Reaction score
I like One Grand Blitz wax, lasts a lot longer than Meguair's carnuba wax and it's just as easy to apply. I buy it from carcareonline.com

I'd try Zaino if I had a garage and multiple cars (need to park it for a few days to do it right), but too much hassle.....

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To do the Zaino multiple coats with multiple products thing takes a bloody long time, both to apply and cure. Especially painful for those of us with no covered parking.

turboman808

Reaction score
Originally Posted by marin
I've used Klasse All in One with good success. Much faster than wax and seems to work just as well

Used Klasse All in One last month then topped it with Mothers Top Coat after 24 hours. Came out looking really great. If oyu haven't tried the top coat it adds a real pop. Doesn't keep that pop after a few washes though.

I still have a box of zaino products that I just haven't tried yet .

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
You folks are missing the whole point with Zaino; it is very easy to apply and you don't need multiple coats. Even Sal says that. Saying Zaino is difficult to apply is like many web myths that just ain't so.
facepalm.gif

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
First application of ANY sealant require ideally a wash, claybar, polish step (likely two), then the carnauba wax or sealant to do right. Zaino is not any different than any sealant or wax in that respect. You don't need multiple coats and the benefit is that its spray booster wax Z-8 brings the shine back to the first application look better than any other product I have tried. Z-2 or Z-5 is easy to apply, easy to remove and offers some the best gloss and depth I have seen. Z-5 on black equals a carnauba but lasts 6-8 months. You can also apply Zaino in the sunlight. I do it all the time and it works fine.
teacha.gif

Asterix

Reaction score
I use the 1Z Einszett Polish Wax and Glanz Wax.

kahn

Reaction score
As Artisan Fan said, preperation is the key to making a wax look good and last longer. However, I'm a little surprised by how many people recommend Zaino. Sure, they are great products, but they are almsot double the price of comparable products from companies like Pinnacle and Wolfgang. Then again, I'm not too surprised as people on this forum have a tendency to buy expensive products. Price doesn't seem to be much of a factor to many on this forum :p

I prefer using cheap but effective products from Poorboys and Duragloss and taking regular care of the paint. If I was to recommend waxes to someone who was serious about their car's paint, then I'd have to mention Wolfgang's liquid sealant topped with Pinnacle's souveran paste wax. Otherwise, using Duragloss "polish" (really a sealant) followed with regular applications of aquawax is a decent and affordable method for most.

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kahn
As Artisan Fan said, preperation is the key to making a wax look good and last longer. However, I'm a little surprised by how many people recommend Zaino. Sure, they are great products, but they are almsot double the price of comparable products from companies like Pinnacle and Wolfgang. Then again, I'm not too surprised as people on this forum have a tendency to buy expensive products. Price doesn't seem to be much of a factor to many on this forum :p

I prefer using cheap but effective products from Poorboys and Duragloss and taking regular care of the paint. If I was to recommend waxes to someone who was serious about their car's paint, then I'd have to mention Wolfgang's liquid sealant topped with Pinnacle's souveran paste wax. Otherwise, using Duragloss "polish" (really a sealant) followed with regular applications of aquawax is a decent and affordable method for most.

I've tried all of those products and they don't hold a candle to Zaino. Not as much gloss or durability in my experience. Duragloss and Poorboys do other things well like soap but their sealants don't hold up or look as good.

I do like Pinnacle waxes a lot. I consider them the best of the carnauba bunch, way above even the Zymol Estate glazes which are a rip-off. But carnauba lacks durability in the hot summer months and the Zaino sealants have matched the gloss of a carnauba now. Z-5 Pro on black is as good as Pinnacle Souveran on black in terms of gloss and depth.

By the way, Zaino is no more expensive than Poorboys or Wolfgang.

xpress

Reaction score
I used to be a slave to Perma-Shine... Which is huge where I live (Eastern Canada)

For those of you who don't know... It's similar to the coatings dealers always try and up-sell. (An auto-body pro in my area has deemed it 'the equivalent to anything you can do yourself'

They charge $120 per vehicle, with a $20 per year 'check up'

I think my next my next foray will be into the world of Zaino.

kahn

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Artisan Fan
By the way, Zaino is no more expensive than Poorboys or Wolfgang.
I looked into the price differences a bit more and it seems we get ripped off here in Australia. The official Zaino distributor charges 42 AUD for Z2 pro, whereas double that size in Wolfgang sealant is 50 AUD, and double in Poorboys is 28 AUD. If Zaino were no more expensive for me than those products then I'd definitely jump on it. Thanks for your feedback regarding Zaino though. I'll have to snoop around an Australian detailing forum to see where the professionals get their stock from! I've seen numerous detailers using Zaino on there, but always thought it was too expensive. Their typical jobs would go something like this: wash, clay, polish with Menzerna, wax with Zaino or Pinnacle, and topped up with Zaino.

turboman808

Reaction score
Yeah I don't know where that comment that zaino is more expensive then others came from.

Go get some swissvax then we can talk exspensive and IMO way overpriced. Sure it probably probably gives you more shine but only 1 in a 1000 people could tell without using some sort of gauge to measure it.

brianja

Reaction score
Originally Posted by turboman808
Yeah I don't know where that comment that zaino is more expensive then others came from. Go get some swissvax then we can talk exspensive and IMO way overpriced. Sure it probably probably gives you more shine but only 1 in a 1000 people could tell without using some sort of gauge to measure it.
Zaino isn't that expensive. IDK why people have that impression. I use Swisswax Mystery and I agree that it is expensive (and probably overpriced), but I don't think that only 1 in 1000 people could tell the difference. I get asked what I use on my car all the time. For example, I did a rally this weekend with 100+ car enthusiasts and was asked multiple times what I use on my car. It gives a depth to the paint on my car that I haven't seen matched. I will be doing another this Sunday and will see how many times I am asked about it then. Besides the look, it goes a long way. My one pot of Mystery has lasted about 8 coats already and I am probably less than half way through the container. When you divide it out it's not THAT expensive.

Roikins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think the Zaino = expensive thing came from the fact that it seems to require a lot of different products. I know when I was using Zaino religiously, I had a box full of all the different Z items, the combination of which was not cheap, especially compared to most products which only require a single container.

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Roikins
I think the Zaino = expensive thing came from the fact that it seems to require a lot of different products. I know when I was using Zaino religiously, I had a box full of all the different Z items, the combination of which was not cheap, especially compared to most products which only require a single container.
It doesn't require any more than any other sealant. Perhaps people add in in Z-8 which helps but is not strictly needed. Z-2 Pro is only $14.95 a bottle which will last forever since you are only supposed to apply very thin coats. Here are some of Zaino's competitor's prices: Blackfire Wet Diamond is $29.95 a bottle. (CMA) Klasse Sealant Glaze is $19.95 a bottle. (CMA) Poorboy's EX-P is $17.95 a bottle (PB website) Pinnacle Signature (carnauba) is $49.95 (Pinnacle site) Pinnacle Souveran (carnauba) is $95.00 (Pinnacle site; Huge price hike: glad I bought mine at $60 each! Probably best carnauba I have tested.) Zaino is a bit of a deal considering it beats all of the above and matches Pinnacle Souveran with even more durability. Some people buy ZFX to layer on many coats but Sal Zaino has repeatedly said it is totally unnecessary. ZFX is a little pricey at $20 a bottle but you only need literally a few drops so that lasts for a long time as well. Other sealants cannot layer as well as ZFX powered Z2 Pro or Z5 Pro.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads