• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Contest

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
some of this stuff we've tried (refer a friend, etc) and it hasn't worked
frown.gif
frown.gif
also mazda, the thing is if you have a really hot female associate girls feel intimidated and will avoid her.. bizarre I know.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by adamha21
Damn you, you stole my idea from the previous thread.
Yeah, good thing I didn't go start a youtube channel, film clips at the store and around town, and then upload them because man, then you'd REALLY have a case against me for idea theft.

Jackass.

adamha21

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
Yeah, good thing I didn't go start a youtube channel, film clips at the store and around town, and then upload them because man, then you'd REALLY have a case against me for idea theft.

Jackass.

Oh stfu, I'm just busting your balls since we had similar ideas and you know it.

Assclown.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rye GB
For every men's item purchased an accompanying women's piece is 15-20% off. Maybe it will inspire a fella to by his girl a gift or get women to come by the store with their better halves, buying him a shirt and grabbing her purchase at discount. Basic ploy were you can adjust your discount accordingly.
I'd do this backwards... guy is more likely to drag his girl in if her buying something means he gets a discount. Or do it so they both get %off. You apparently have a male customer base, so use them to find teh wimminz. I do not know if you have attempted a student discount, but this is one easy way to access georgetown. There are also tons of places to post flyers on campus targeted at girls. Try bringing facebook into it as well. It's the one thing college girls will spend ridiculous amounts of time on the internet doing. Finally, consider doing something similar to what sessions did here: http://sessions.searchpluswin.com/?c...ster&rb=407749 It has probably been the most successful web campaign I've seen in a while. It works sort of like a pyramid scheme actually... if you use their version of google's search engine (which conveniently has their advertising plastered all over it, which is great considering how many people on campus are using laptops in class), you get points towards free stuff, say, "100,000 points is a free item up to 100$". Or just "10$ off your purchase for every 5000 points". Or, say, "10% off your purchase for 10,000 points, 25% off for 20,000, buy one get one half off for 30,000"... whatever, possibilities are endless, but you get the idea. The more important part is the referral system which doesn't just give you points for referring people, but gives you points whenever that person earns points. Hence, pyramid scheme, meaning people have been facebooking and MSNing referral links around for the last couple of months, and posting them everywhere in sight. Pretty clever. Not my idea, but I'll take credit for it anyway if you think that system will work for you.

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The "Steal You Away" Campaign.

Offer up a discount (maybe 10%, 15%) for any girl that comes in with a bag from Saks, Neiman or whatever DC store you want to steal customers from.

adamha21

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Ultimate Student Discount - for every $100 spent, Mauro buys you a case of beer (21 and older only)

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
1-

hype. women love hype.
pick one item a day, feature it on your site or sub-brand a microsite where women can save 10-20% on that one particular item until it's gone. can really be gone or you can use the concept as a marketing ploy.

2-

host a makeover sale where women can trade in one lame basic for 15% off a new item in your store.
for instance, trade in some ****** 7fam for a good pair of new raw denim and save 15%. barneys did something like this to great effect. ask them to bring in a dress, a pair of jeans, shoes and a sweater/top. this way, they have those items in mind when purchasing.

3-

change your wardrobe, change your life.
get them to replace/rebuild their wardrobes by offering 30% on any single item everyday for 30 days.

4-

women are indecisive about clothing. let them "rent/think about" bigger ticket items. can return after 3 days or keep. (lame, sorry)

5-

hit up instyle for a mention. my biz partner's wife works there and it is a viral goldmine with great social currency.

6-

sell "outfits". hire/have a stylist put together complete looks that can be purchased online as women are hesitant to buy multiple items online for fear of lack of fit.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
also, give away some clothes to a few stylish women and send them out to the local bars. if guys see hot girls in stuff, they will ask where they got it and send their GFs there.

what about a campus pop-up shop with low-ticket items that move and get some pr around campus. company baby tees and polos. free advertising across beautiful young ****. will get even more guys in too.
could also sell jeans, polos, tanks, sandals, etc.

Kent Money

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
havnt read the other replies but here it goes:

you live near georgetown. period. you should do some sort of flyering on their campus. go to campus, find a well dressed chick, and see if you can get her 'on board.' if they got sororities, even better! this approach could be applied to other universities like george mason, etc. find out if there is a fashion club.

I am currently at UCLA, and i know there is a fashion club here and a lot of the kids got money too. maybe you can offer some sort of promotion and I can be your liason between the club, I know the presidents... lemme know

Mazda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
also mazda, the thing is if you have a really hot female associate girls feel intimidated and will avoid her.. bizarre I know.

I don't give a **** what the girls think about her...you have no girl customers anyway, it's worth a shot.

Additionally, I didn't mean HOT as in Mary from Christmas Vacation. I simply meant a girl with the passion you and mauro have for the product and the wherewithal to pull it off. Men see, men like, men not only come back, men mention to women. And while we are on it, just so we cover all the bases, you should try fagging around a bit more so the gay dudes are happy.

Most of the ideas in this thread aside from Whodini and Kunk are ******* worthless without a customer base on which to springboard.

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A quick mockup:
farinelliscampaign.jpg
My favorite thing about this is it subtly equates Farinellis with these boutiques (obviously the specific selection could be changed) so it lets you draw on the cache of those places in a slightly subversive manner. I would add of course, the address, phone number, something about metro accesibility and maybe a brand list at the bottom. No matter what idea you use a comprehensive stationary campaign is going to be important. I'm thinking paper sized flyers, bumper stickers and logo stickers at the very least. There are places I use to promote my performing that end up being very cheap, especially since you already have the logo and everything designed.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
^ thats cool and all, but I don't think discounts are the answer. we've been offering 50% off **** and still people aren't buying...

Mazda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Magician
farinelliscampaign.jpg

Clever....clever way to alienate any woman who doesn't shop at those four and NEVER see their business. Also marketing 101, NEVER mention the completion unless you have the guns to go to war.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads