• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I am not bored or lonely but i am boring

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
dunno what happened. i used to like to/want to travel to exotic locales, used to paint and draw all the time; now i am content to hang around the house. takes every breath of my being to do anything besides:

work
sex
gym
eat
buy clothes
coach basketball
sit on internet

that is it. i seldom read. only travel at the wife's urging. barely watch tv or movies. what the hell is wrong with me?

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
dunno what happened. i used to like to/want to travel to exotic locales, used to paint and draw all the time; now i am content to hang around the house. takes every breath of my being to do anything besides:

(...)
that is it. i seldom read. only travel at the wife's urging. barely watch tv or movies. what the hell is wrong with me?

This is a low point. Maybe it's the economee that's holding you back, maybe it's work stress, maybe it's mental entropy falling into a low state. Who can say? But at least you know what's going on and can take steps. Get out of the rut.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think that a person can handle 3 things - say job, gym, wife. you have more than that - you have a lot of sex for a guy with 3 kids, you spend time with your kids(?), you have a business, you spend a lot of time in the gym, you coach ball, that's a lot.

but what's so bad with what you have? is there anything that you would be willing to cut to add travel and/or reading?

Philosoph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not seeing the problem...

Like globe said, you've got a decent amount of stuff going on. I've heard that rule about only being able to concentrate heavily on 3 things before too. In my experience, it's pretty much right, give or take 1. So I wouldn't try to add anything to what your already-busy schedule. Try to plan some time for a vacation and a bit of travel, even if it's only a weekend somewhere relatively nearby. If you want to read more, pick a book or two and just carry them around with you. Read them when you have a few extra minutes/are on lunch. You might get interested and want to read more. Or if not, no harm done.

This might be heresy, but hanging on the internet during the weekend is such a time-killer. Go do something else.

ysc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe set aside some time each month to do something different/exciting so you are making a deliberate effort to actually do something interesting, or roll some of those times over and go for a week somewhere really exciting, hiking in chile or brothel hopping in Bangkok or whatever turns your crank.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Sometimes you need something to kickstart you. I for one decided to take a sabbatical from work and that's gotten me out of a yearlong rut of work/gym/party/internet. It's hard to change things when you are in the habit of doing the same things every day and every week.

ysc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MetroStyles
Sometimes you need something to kickstart you. I for one decided to take a sabbatical from work and that's gotten me out of a yearlong rut of work/gym/party/internet. It's hard to change things when you are in the habit of doing the same things every day and every week.
Yeah, my father did this, went hiking in North Africa, travelled here and there and did some sort of qualification in garden design. Sweet if you can do it, but I feel like the option may not be there for everyone. Just setting aside some empty time one weekend, so you don't have to follow the routine and can do something you haven't done for a while is fairly good for a start I would think.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i guess i'm more wondering if there's something wrong with me in that i am content. not wild about the idea of a safari or living among a tribe or reading undiscovered books. i guess if i am content, i should be content with that.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
What is so bad about being dull?

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
manton, you just reminded me, i spend a fair amount of time cooking and creating recipes. i suppose i just hate traveling and reading which i guess is okay.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
manton, you just reminded me, i spend a fair amount of time cooking and creating recipes. i suppose i just hate traveling and reading which i guess is okay.

no, no,...this is unacceptable! I like vacariously through you people and your stories, so if all Kunk is going to be doing and posting about is mundane and contentment, count me out!
smack.gif
tongue.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads