• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Insomnia

free man

Reaction score
I can't fall asleep. I can lie in my bed for an hour or two, eventually I get pissed off and load up an episode of some TV Show. I know my sleep habits are terrible, I am a college student. Recommend me some good sleeping pills please, over the counter.

Hombre Secreto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am currently getting shitfaced just to try and get up around 5 hours from now. For the short tem I recommed getting shitfaced.

Aperipan

Reaction score
You guys are lucky. I really do want to go to sleep though but can't.

free man

Reaction score
I just want to take a few pills and pass out for a solid 8 hours.

Hombre Secreto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've tried masterbatiion, and booze... and still no drowsiness . HELP!! *******. I know the alcohol will eventually take it's toll.

ysc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cut down your sugar and caffeine intake, don't eat anything or do any exercise for an hour or so before you go to bed. Try an avoid watching tv or using a computer directly before going to bed, ideally read a not very taxing book that is not related to your studies and relax for half an hour before you try to go to sleep. Try to do enough exercise so you are actually tired by the time you go to bed and try to get into a routine so you are going to bed and getting up at similar times every day. Once you get into bed don't try to fall asleep just relax as much as possible and enjoy a rest if nothing else.

Only when you are doing all that should you reach for the pills.

Liam

Reaction score
Originally Posted by free man
I can't fall asleep. I can lie in my bed for an hour or two, eventually I get pissed off and load up an episode of some TV Show. I know my sleep habits are terrible, I am a college student. Recommend me some good sleeping pills please, over the counter.

Have you tried working out a few hours before bed, and cutting off the caffeine after 6 pm?

Milhouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Insomnia sucks. Do everything you can to avoid pills. It doesn't take long to head down the rabbit hole and end up munching on handfuls of benzos Heath Ledger style after drinking a fifth of booze, only to sit in bed, wondering why you still can't sleep.

JohnGalt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Melatonin. Also, stop watching tv right before bed when you are trying to go to sleep. Try reading a book.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i have debt, a fimly, biz is slow right now, but i sleep like a baby. go figure.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads