• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Folded Up Shirt Appreciation

sartorialexecutive

Reaction score
So are you suggesting they use standard pattern blocks? Because they do not. They produce personal patterns for each client - bespoke in my book.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sartorialexecutive
So are you suggesting they use standard pattern blocks? Because they do not. They produce personal patterns for each client - bespoke in my book.

OK then. I was not aware of that. By they you mean R&S, not Emma Willis, right?

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
well, the folks at EW used my specific measurements to make the shirt and collar to my preference (no tie space/ slight overlap) using the bespoke program, but I considered it more of a made to measure deal since I couldn't appear in london for measurements or fitting. Looking forward to trying on the shirts when I get back to the USA in mid May, see how they turned out (I like the "Savile" style collars a lot!

Were these Emma Willis bespoke or Stock Special?

litho

Reaction score
Is it just me that really dislikes most of the janzten collars posted on here?!

scruff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by litho
Is it just me that really dislikes most of the janzten collars posted on here?!

Has alot to do with how the shirts are packaged. Most any shirt will have a straight/flat collar if wrapped in plastic and squeezed into a cardboard box with five other shirts.

djtracer21

Reaction score

At last. Shirts with nice collars. Excellent.[/quote]

The finamore shirts have very nice collars. Unfortunately I am not baller enough to afford these shirts but can anyone shed some light if Jantzen has a collar style that is similar, or if anyone can give some specs to the finamore collar for 15.5-16 neck size?

This thread is awesome BTW.

upnorth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scruff
Has alot to do with how the shirts are packaged. Most any shirt will have a straight/flat collar if wrapped in plastic and squeezed into a cardboard box with five other shirts.

+1. Some of their collars are quite nice. It's just that they don't have those cardboard and plastic stiffeners around the collar like other packaged shirts you buy in stores.

Thorn Proof

Reaction score
Are you happy with Hemrajamni? I hjust ordered 3, had them copy an Eton cut-a-way collar with French Cuffs; I'm optimistic but its a maiden voyage.

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
....and one more white shirt for work this fall when I return to the states. MTM kiton in a smooth finish white cotton.

Mildly Consumptive

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For the last year, I've been rebuilding my shirt wardrobe from Mytailor. I have about 14 shirts from them now and, going into spring, I noticed a solid-coloured button-cuffed gap. My latest order aims to fill that. Obviously, I will wear these with everything. Ordered: 28 Mar 09 Shipped: 11 May 09 Arrived: 14 May 09 I think this was the longest an order's ever taken from them, and I attribute it to this being the peak ordering season. First up is a Thomas Mason Silverline end-on-end in a shade called blue milk:
DSCN1553.jpg
DSCN1556-1.jpg
Next is a Thomas Mason Silverline fine twill in parchment:
DSCN1551.jpg
DSCN1552-1.jpg

scruff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mildly Consumptive
For the last year, I've been rebuilding my shirt wardrobe from Mytailor. I have about 14 shirts from them now and, going into spring, I noticed a solid-coloured button-cuffed gap. My latest order aims to fill that. Obviously, I will wear these with everything.

Ordered: 28 Mar 09
Shipped: 11 May 09
Arrived: 14 May 09

I think this was the longest an order's ever taken from them, and I attribute it to this being the peak ordering season.

First up is a Thomas Mason Silverline end-on-end in a shade called blue milk:

DSCN1553.jpg

DSCN1556-1.jpg

Next is a Thomas Mason Silverline fine twill in parchment:

DSCN1551.jpg

DSCN1552-1.jpg

Very nice. I imagine these are non-fused collars? What kind of interlining was used? I think I might opt for the medium-weight interlining on the next go; the standard is too stiff for me.

Mildly Consumptive

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scruff
Very nice. I imagine these are non-fused collars? What kind of interlining was used? I think I might opt for the medium-weight interlining on the next go; the standard is too stiff for me.

You are correct; they are unfused. I went with the medium interlining. I've experimented with the soft interlining in the past, but it is too soft. The medium is perfect for me. There is enough there to lend the collar some structure, but not too much to render it stiff and cardboard-like.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads