• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Side parted hair

votor

Reaction score
What is the general consensus regarding this type of hair? I usually see it on newscaster and politician who are rather old. Will it suitable on a 25 year old male Asian?

The Snob

Reaction score
bw_9_250.jpg
Hot.

the parted hair is making a comeback what with all the mad men love. i think it looks great but it depends on if youre able to pull it off.

turbozed

Reaction score
Mine goes sideways and forward with bangs going across my forehead.

It works pretty well for me.

Maharlika

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love the look actually. Yes wear it with brilliantine and vintage sun glasses.

Arch Stanton

Reaction score
Hair thats parted to the side is great and gaining popularity, as long as it looks more like the 1st pic
fing02[1].gif
............ and nothing like the 2nd.
eh.gif

TylerDurden

Reaction score
Yhea, looks fine, make sure your hairs long enough, and not to long. He wears it well...
photo_14.jpg
What product would some one use to get this, Pomade?

RedLantern

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ I believe he is a dapper dan man. I have found that pomade is much to stiff and waxy (and it NEVER comes out of your hair) there are other old timey concoctions such as hair oil and hair tonic that I have yet to try.

Eagle

Reaction score
You can achieve a noticeable part when your hair length is little more than one half to three quarters of an inch in length....been doing it for years; the barber uses a #1 clipper guard on the sides and back of my hair, with the hair on top left just long enough to achieve a hint of a part (on the left). My wife tells me it makes me look severe. I just think it looks neat, clean and is really easy to maintain!
wink.gif

votor

Reaction score
Thanks for the input. I would like to know what product should be used to achieve this part and make it stay thorughout the day for work. Also, perferably I don't want that super shiny look.

votor

Reaction score
Thanks for the input. I would like to know what product should be used to achieve this part and make it stay thorughout the day for work. Also, perferably I don't want that super shiny look.

votor

Reaction score
Any brands at a decent price in particular?
BTW, can some stylist expert explain to me the difference - mousse, gel and pomade.

I have thick stiff hair and I want the product to be non shiny, greasy and have good hold. Recommendations?

Thanks

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics