• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

srivats

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did you guys see Tom's new scotch grain aldens on the grant last? Very, very beautiful calfskin shoes from alden:

gw1.jpg
gw2.jpg

more info here: http://www.leathersoulhawaii.com/200...le-grant-last/

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
^that is real nice too bad that bastard doesn't respond to emails

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
^that is real nice too bad that bastard doesn't respond to emails
It might be helpful to not start your emails with "yo *****".

rbny

Reaction score
Originally Posted by choptreesv
Anybody on here with the Leathersoul PTB w/ crepe sole?

ptb1.jpg

http://www.leathersoulhawaii.com/200...hell-cordovan/

I'd really like to see what these look like worn in a little bit.

Yes I do have them and no I don't have any pics to show how they are wearing. IMO, shoes wear differently for everyone. But they look similar to other shell cord's after being worn for some time. The creases tend to be minimal and a little lighter in color than the the rest of the boot. I'm very hard on footwear and do lots of walking.

These boots are the most comfortable I've ever had and I wear them almost daily with jeans to trousers but not suits ( I wear Plaza lasted plain toe bals for suits). They are starting to replace my Ultimate Indy's as my most used pair. I like the PTB's so much I'm ordering a second pair. My main concern is with the crepe soles wearing down quickly but I guess that's the trade off for the comfort.

Ok, I really need to take pics...

chas

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Oxnard
This thread is gold, I am in love with what Alden does, I wish I only had more money and better access to their stores. The one pair I have is pictured below, cigar shell cordovan, purchased in december at the Madison Avenue store (fantastic store, really great service).
Alden1.jpg

These are the only cordovan shoes I own as well. Exact same pair.

They are great!

Hot_Escargot

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bdeuce22
^^ this makes no sense. how the hell are we suppose to know how big your foot is and how it fits based on pictures yes, they look way too big. size down 4, even if its cuts your circulation off
no man. I just meant how do they look in relation to my legs/rest of body....? out of proportion? in proportion? they're a size 8D and fit well if not a bit loose and about .5" long (which many shoe fit websites tell you there should be between your longest toe and end of shoe). I wear 7.5D for Alden indy. TOm recommended I go to 8 because Indy's last is sized large. I could probably do a plaza 7.5, but I'm not sure if it would be too tight... i suspect not.

Raoul Duke

Reaction score
...Because I do wear these with jeans sometimes:

IMG_2986.jpg

I also have the same (well, similar) in burgundy shell.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by srivats
What do you mean? Tom usually writes back within 2-3 hours and definitely within half-a-day every single time I have sent him an email. Are you sending emails to the right address?

Several months ago I sent emails to two of his email addresses and I never ever heard back from either one.

LeatherSOUL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
Several months ago I sent emails to two of his email addresses and I never ever heard back from either one.

Jet,

I apologize. Can you pm me your email address so I can research this? I try my best to answer emails asap.

Maybe your email went to my spam filter or maybe I was traveling and just overlooked it. Either way I want to find out why I didn't reply.

Tom

Hot_Escargot

Reaction score
yeah, tom was easy to deal with for me as well. Love the boots, Tom!

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kalanigee
Looks exactly like the ultimate indy minus the commando sole. Wonder how leathersoul hawaii feels about that.

These are real nice.

Originally Posted by jet
Why is this thread not at 5 stars???

Not enough JAZZ, V.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
^shut the hell up

Originally Posted by srivats
Must've been a rare miss ... I suggest you to try again. He is a very nice guy to deal with.

You're right, he is a nice dude we cleared everything up.

Originally Posted by LeatherSOUL
Jet,

I apologize. Can you pm me your email address so I can research this? I try my best to answer emails asap.

Maybe your email went to my spam filter or maybe I was traveling and just overlooked it. Either way I want to find out why I didn't reply.

Tom

Nice chattin with you Tom, you truely are an asset to the board and a top class gentleman. Please post updates to this thread too when you have news for us, I think we'd all appreciate it.

LeatherSOUL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
You're right, he is a nice dude we cleared everything up.

Nice chattin with you Tom, you truely are an asset to the board and a top class gentleman. Please post updates to this thread too when you have news for us, I think we'd all appreciate it.

Thanks jet.

I'd love to post up new stuff but I don't want to be a spammer so check out my website now and then. Whenever you guys want to do another LSxSF boot or shoe just let me know and I'll get it done. Or if anyone wants me to reissue the first one I can do it too as long as I get a few orders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads