***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. srivats

srivats Senior member

2. jet

jet Persian Bro

^that is real nice too bad that bastard doesn't respond to emails

3. robin

robin Senior member

It might be helpful to not start your emails with "yo nigga".

4. rbny

rbny Senior member

Anybody on here with the Leathersoul PTB w/ crepe sole?

[​IMG]

http://www.leathersoulhawaii.com/200...hell-cordovan/

I'd really like to see what these look like worn in a little bit.

Yes I do have them and no I don't have any pics to show how they are wearing. IMO, shoes wear differently for everyone. But they look similar to other shell cord's after being worn for some time. The creases tend to be minimal and a little lighter in color than the the rest of the boot. I'm very hard on footwear and do lots of walking.

These boots are the most comfortable I've ever had and I wear them almost daily with jeans to trousers but not suits ( I wear Plaza lasted plain toe bals for suits). They are starting to replace my Ultimate Indy's as my most used pair. I like the PTB's so much I'm ordering a second pair. My main concern is with the crepe soles wearing down quickly but I guess that's the trade off for the comfort.

Ok, I really need to take pics...

5. chas

chas Senior member

This thread is gold, I am in love with what Alden does, I wish I only had more money and better access to their stores. The one pair I have is pictured below, cigar shell cordovan, purchased in december at the Madison Avenue store (fantastic store, really great service).
    [​IMG]

These are the only cordovan shoes I own as well. Exact same pair.

They are great!

6. Hot_Escargot

Hot_Escargot Well-Known Member

^^ this makes no sense. how the hell are we suppose to know how big your foot is and how it fits based on pictures yes, they look way too big. size down 4, even if its cuts your circulation off
    no man. I just meant how do they look in relation to my legs/rest of body....? out of proportion? in proportion? they're a size 8D and fit well if not a bit loose and about .5" long (which many shoe fit websites tell you there should be between your longest toe and end of shoe). I wear 7.5D for Alden indy. TOm recommended I go to 8 because Indy's last is sized large. I could probably do a plaza 7.5, but I'm not sure if it would be too tight... i suspect not.

7. srivats

srivats Senior member

What do you mean? Tom usually writes back within 2-3 hours and definitely within half-a-day every single time I have sent him an email. Are you sending emails to the right address?

8. Raoul Duke

Raoul Duke Senior member

...Because I do wear these with jeans sometimes:

[​IMG]

I also have the same (well, similar) in burgundy shell.

9. jet

jet Persian Bro

What do you mean? Tom usually writes back within 2-3 hours and definitely within half-a-day every single time I have sent him an email. Are you sending emails to the right address?

Several months ago I sent emails to two of his email addresses and I never ever heard back from either one.

10. srivats

srivats Senior member

Several months ago I sent emails to two of his email addresses and I never ever heard back from either one.
    Must've been a rare miss ... I suggest you to try again. He is a very nice guy to deal with.

11. LeatherSOUL

LeatherSOUL Senior member

Jet,

I apologize. Can you pm me your email address so I can research this? I try my best to answer emails asap.

Maybe your email went to my spam filter or maybe I was traveling and just overlooked it. Either way I want to find out why I didn't reply.

Tom

12. Hot_Escargot

Hot_Escargot Well-Known Member

yeah, tom was easy to deal with for me as well. Love the boots, Tom!

13. GoSurface

GoSurface Senior member

Looks exactly like the ultimate indy minus the commando sole. Wonder how leathersoul hawaii feels about that.

These are real nice.

Why is this thread not at 5 stars???

Not enough JAZZ, V.

14. jet

jet Persian Bro

^shut the hell up

Must've been a rare miss ... I suggest you to try again. He is a very nice guy to deal with.

You're right, he is a nice dude we cleared everything up.

Jet,

I apologize. Can you pm me your email address so I can research this? I try my best to answer emails asap.

Maybe your email went to my spam filter or maybe I was traveling and just overlooked it. Either way I want to find out why I didn't reply.

Tom

Nice chattin with you Tom, you truely are an asset to the board and a top class gentleman. Please post updates to this thread too when you have news for us, I think we'd all appreciate it.

15. LeatherSOUL

LeatherSOUL Senior member

You're right, he is a nice dude we cleared everything up.

Nice chattin with you Tom, you truely are an asset to the board and a top class gentleman. Please post updates to this thread too when you have news for us, I think we'd all appreciate it.

Thanks jet.

I'd love to post up new stuff but I don't want to be a spammer so check out my website now and then. Whenever you guys want to do another LSxSF boot or shoe just let me know and I'll get it done. Or if anyone wants me to reissue the first one I can do it too as long as I get a few orders.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.