• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I Just Bought a... (Wine, Spirit, or Beer)

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
Don't hate me because I'm beautiful.

So listening to the AIG outrage this week, I "got it." People are upset other people are drinking expensive wines, while they're not. To fend off a 90% wine tax, I bought some inexpensive, yet tasty and serious wine today:

DSC01011.jpg

DSC01012.jpg

that Milton Shiraz is not bad.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cary Grant
that Milton Shiraz is not bad.

Thanks. All of it is not bad. The Wyndham, for instance, was features in this month's WS and I found it for $6.50. The best out of that bunch is the Fire Block, but it was at the new wine cap, of $19.99.

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not a particualr fan of Shiraz. I've found the Wyndham's "OK"- certainly not Penfolds but at your price, drink up.
wink.gif

Haven't had the fireblock

Serg

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
Don't hate me because I'm beautiful.

So listening to the AIG outrage this week, I "got it." People are upset other people are drinking expensive wines, while they're not. To fend off a 90% wine tax, I bought some inexpensive, yet tasty and serious wine today:

That fireblock is some fantastic stuff for the money too bad i cant get it in this state.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cary Grant
I'm not a particualr fan of Shiraz. I've found the Wyndham's "OK"- certainly not Penfolds but at your price, drink up.
wink.gif
Haven't had the fireblock

Hey, this stuff is not a DuMol Syrah, but like I said, I "get it." No more 1k a month on wine! We're all going to have to make sacrifices, and mine is helping all the premium wine makers go out of business. Edit: Who am I kidding? I'll buy out the entire stock of:
DSC01005.jpg
every time I see it
smile.gif

NakedYoga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tricota
A bottle of Tanqueray. I decided I had to try it. Though I strongly doubt, it will be worth the extra 15$ over a Gibson, when all I will use it for is G&T...

I think you will find the $15 premium well worth it. Just don't call it a "TnT" when you order it in a bar.
wink.gif

speedster.8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guigal Saint Joseph, Crozes Hermitages & Cotes Du Rhone (2x each) I usually have a good stock of their Gigondas, but its is dwindling (price has doubled last yearin my local market) And there are other Gigondas in that price bracket that are atractive to. I'm rather fond of the Guigal Family's stuff, have yet to get my hands on a LaLa ... http://www.winespectator.com/Wine/Fe...ml?CMP=OTC-RSS Although M. Chapoutier's wines are quite nice to ...

samus

Reaction score
Redbreast - I've been hearing a lot about it and I'm not up on my Irish whiskeys. I'm excited to try it.

syracuse1976

Reaction score
Ok, Ill wait for the tomatoes to fly...

We are drinking a 2006 Kirkland Signature (Costco) Washington merlot. For $8.99, it's unbeatable as everyday grog. Has anyone else enjoyed it?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by syracuse1976
Ok, Ill wait for the tomatoes to fly...

We are drinking a 2006 Kirkland Signature (Costco) Washington merlot. For $8.99, it's unbeatable as everyday grog. Has anyone else enjoyed it?

We tried their cab once. Couldn't finish a glass. If you find the merlot drinkable though, I say go for it. We drank a bottle of $6.49 Shiraz last night. It was actually very drinkable.

samus

Reaction score
Just picked up of some Lillet Blanc. It's new to me, so now the question is - what to do with it? A Vesper will be the first order of business, I think. Other suggestions?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by audiophilia
Had a 2007 Ironstone Old Vine Zin last nite. Quite good.

They seem to make some decent daily drinkers. We had one of their pinots quite some time ago, but my general impression was that it was very good for the price point.

If you like Zin, try some Turley, if you can find it up there. The only drawback will be the price, which unless you are on their mailing list, can be a little high.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
Originally Posted by samus
Just picked up of some Lillet Blanc. It's new to me, so now the question is - what to do with it? A Vesper will be the first order of business, I think. Other suggestions?

I rocked the vesper all summer, but be sure to get some quality gin. The Hendrick's became my preferred wepon of choice.

Also, Lillet over ice is also solid.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics