• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wings + Horns Denim

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Teger, are they really similar to dior 19cms?

Based on the pics from the farinelli blog, they don't seem that slim/skinny. I am, however, wearing my diors in sz 29.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Looking around, it seems I'd probably be better off getting a slightly longer inseam. Anyone know where I could pick up the straight leg cut? I can only find the slim cuts.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
Looking around, it seems I'd probably be better off getting a slightly longer inseam. Anyone know where I could pick up the straight leg cut? I can only find the slim cuts.

AFAIK, the classic cut is no longer being made. There are some for sale at fever.se though...

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
yes they are very close to dior 19cms. they are SLIGHTLY SLIGHTLY less slim. I'm not sure how nathan sized them on our blog, but check out the shots on blackbird - skinny as hell.

we are selling them for $209 atm

West24

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
if anyone is interested in the grey jeans from last fall, they are straight slightly slim fit, we just sent a whole bunch to last call.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
AFAIK, the classic cut is no longer being made. There are some for sale at fever.se though...

That's too bad. Doesn't look like they have any of the indigo left in stock. What are some comparable brands/cuts? I never really took notice of W&H denim until recently, but love the look and detailing on these.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Perhaps it's a silly question, but how comparable does anyone think it is to the KMW 1980? Those are what I've had my eye on for a while because of the straight, albeit not too slim cut. Hate to keep asking all these questions, but I'm a bit gun shy about pulling the trigger on a pricier pair of denim and don't want to make a poor choice.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
hrm, I'd say it's pretty close to the 1980, but the 1980 has much bigger back pockets and a slightly wider hem

kit99bar

Reaction score
Teger have you posted fit pics? Requesting if not
biggrin.gif

ppllzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the huge ndg style back pockets are huge though...

otherwise they look pretty good (on blackbird)

korce

Reaction score
^Yea, there was a grey selvage in F/W08 - which had the fit issues others have already discussed with the F/W08 skinnier cut. The pair I tried in my true size (32) were too big in the waist but perfect in the thighs and calfs. The 31s fit well in the waist but the thigs esp. were way too toight.

I haven't tried on any of the SS09 skinny fits yet though...

Ispy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by andyliu52
the huge ndg style back pockets are huge though...

otherwise they look pretty good (on blackbird)

I've got a pair of the classics going at the moment. (~3 months in) The pockets do take a bit to get used to. They feel thick with the lining and I notice relatively low position. Fit and quality are both A+ though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads