• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

AE pricing

Lowndes

Reaction score
Anybody aware of a place that sells AE Mora's discounted? Cheapest I have been able to find them is $300

matadorpoeta

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
fyi the ae store in cabazon is closing at the end of april and they are having a 30% off sale on top of the current discounts.

matadorpoeta

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dlion0721
Anybody aware of a place that sells AE Mora's discounted? Cheapest I have been able to find them is $300

call one of the outlet stores. if they don't have it, they can look up the inventory of the other stores for you.

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Wheeler
What's the cheapest one could possibly get Park Avenues?

The Park Avenue is one of the harder shoes to get on discount.

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dlion0721

They were all over ebay for $129-179 a few months ago.

JoeWoah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jos. A Banks sells AE's in the F St. DC store. When everything goes on sale in the store, so do they. Around the Inauguration all their pairs were $129.99.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Wheeler
What's the cheapest one could possibly get Park Avenues?

I've paid $150 for them. But they are hard, esp. in black. Right now, the browns are on closeout

Nordstrom will periodically have them on sale for 220 or so, as will shoes.com or zappos. And if you can get a Jos. A. Banks corporate card, you could get them through that route.

polar-lemon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For conservative styles, buying in a B&M store, 179 is a very good price for AEs. Once you figure out your sizing and which lasts work for you, you can then order the closeout models for 130-170, buy off of GVH, etc. Just don't expect a black PA to come up in your size just when you need it.

Ed Sullivan

Reaction score

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JoeWoah
Jos. A Banks sells AE's in the F St. DC store. When everything goes on sale in the store, so do they. Around the Inauguration all their pairs were $129.99.

I would find it very hard to believe they would be selling current-production "firsts" at that price unless they were using them as "loss leaders" to get people into the store.

Bank will order anything in the A-E catalog at a 20% discount if you have a Corporate card (very easily acquired), but getting the shoes can be time-consuming, as I am discovering. Ordered a pair of Strands late last month, was told they would ship around the 13th of this month. Recently I was informed that it would be the end of the month. At least I will have sufficient A-Es to tide me over until then!

matadorpoeta

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NoVaguy
The Park Avenue is one of the harder shoes to get on discount.

all you have to do is call one of the allen edmonds outlet stores and order. bam! discount!

the first quality sell for about $225 and the seconds go for around $175.

who8mahrice

Reaction score
A couple months ago, Nordstrom Rack had a AE event. Most AE were $80. Picked up a pair of black Park Avenues. Couldn't really find any big flaws. There was some irregular stitching after it had gone around the shoe and where it joined with the beginning.

Highly doubt you'll be able to find much at NR anymore...but don't forget about discount chains. (though normally, AE's are like $180 at NR)

TexasLidig8r

Reaction score
God forgive me... but...

I just don't like the AE shoes.

They all seem to be so... well.. clunky is such an overused word... but, it just seems to fit.

I'm sure it's just a matter of personal taste, but I don't see the elegance in them. To me, it's the difference between having a sturdy, dependable wife versus a stunning, elegant spouse.

talldesk

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TexasLidig8r
God forgive me... but...

I just don't like the AE shoes.

They all seem to be so... well.. clunky is such an overused word... but, it just seems to fit.

I'm sure it's just a matter of personal taste, but I don't see the elegance in them. To me, it's the difference between having a sturdy, dependable wife versus a stunning, elegant spouse.

Please, do show us your stunning, elegant spouses.
worship.gif

- td

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads