• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Arrow Moccasins

mechanical pencil

Reaction score
thelion1856;1745866 said:
i think im going to go with a pair of these really soon, will call for a crepe sole. what is the sizing like? i wear a size 11 in all nike's and a size 10.5 in Alden's, dress shoes and all other boots. size 44 in euro shoes. So should i size down 1 or 2 or go with a 10.5?

I would say 11.

I wear a 9.5 in most Aldens and my 10 Arrows fit great.

Seafinch

Reaction score
IMG_2557.jpg

IMG_2558.jpg

Arrow.

To be honest I'm kind of surprised by the quality. I knew people liked them, but I thought for the price there was now way they could be that nice. They are. Leather is way thick. Stitching looks perfect and very strong. Can't wait to put a little wear on them.

As far as sizing goes I went with my van's authentic sizing and they feel great. A little bit snug, but according to the website that's good since they'll stretch a little.

Oxnard

Reaction score
Originally Posted by randomkoreandude
can anyone compare and contrast arrow vs quoddy?

These look really amazing, but I gotta say, not being able to get it resoled with the crepe bottoms is a major turnoff. That contrasts with Quoddy big time, as their crepe soles are sown on to the bottoms in a way that allows for future resoling. Crepe can wear out pretty quickly depending on thickness and the environment your walking in, so this may or may not be a big issue for some.

DocHunter

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Oxnard
These look really amazing, but I gotta say, not being able to get it resoled with the crepe bottoms is a major turnoff. That contrasts with Quoddy big time, as their crepe soles are sown on to the bottoms in a way that allows for future resoling. Crepe can wear out pretty quickly depending on thickness and the environment your walking in, so this may or may not be a big issue for some.

That's a pretty big turnoff for me too. It's pretty much the reason I haven't pulled the trigger on a pair yet. I like the idea of the leather wrap, but I don't think that is very functional. It will end up probably having to be resoled every couple months if wear them out a lot.

I love these so much:

am_5awctan.jpg

I would have bought them by now if they could be resoled with the crepe, but they can't I don't think. Has anyone confirmed this with Arrow? I'm just going by what I've read here on the forum.

Anyone know who else makes a style like this that can be resoled? I don't know if Quoddy really has anything too close to that kind of plain moccasin.

On another note. While browsing rakuten, I spied these Arrows with a regular rubber shoe sole which I think are pretty cool. Check them out here:

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/bigamerica...row-two-brown/

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah i just got my first pair of quoddys and love them. but i heard good things about arrow mocs in particular but no one really said why they prefer arrows over quoddys.

i do understand why quoddys are more preferred from the whole resoling issue.

so for everyone who loves arrows, do you guys just keep rebuying these shoes?

airportlobby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My Arrows came in today (it took 8 weeks). As soon as I put them on, I wanted to order another pair. The leather is wonderful. My only complaint is that the tongues are pretty short (the height of my foot may have something to do with this).

nakedundermyclothes

Reaction score
Damn, those are nice... did you order true to size?

airportlobby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, true to size. I wear an 11 in chucks and ordered a 12 in arrows. They fit well.

delirium

Reaction score
these look really good. probably going to put an order in soon.

hm no one has ordered any other colors?

vvoc

Reaction score
i have a pair of these and theyre great...only have two questions...there is an intense leather smell that comes from them...ive been wearing them for couple months now (since christmas?) and its still strong as ever, will this ever go away?

also will the leather break in and loosen up, its still relatively thick and stiff, i want them to soften up a bit and mold nicer to my feet rather than be like giant boats attached to my feet, any ideas? thanks!

Joe E Taleo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by randomkoreandude
yeah i just got my first pair of quoddys and love them. but i heard good things about arrow mocs in particular but no one really said why they prefer arrows over quoddys. i do understand why quoddys are more preferred from the whole resoling issue. so for everyone who loves arrows, do you guys just keep rebuying these shoes?
I based my decision on price- Though the quoddy's are resoleable, the arrows were a good $70 cheaper (at least for the quoddy camp soles)- maybe in the long run the quoddys are a better deal, but for the here and now I went with the arrows. I'll let you know in a year or so if that was a good or bad deal.
Originally Posted by delirium
these look really good. probably going to put an order in soon. hm no one has ordered any other colors?
I chatted with them on the phone, and they never talked about other color options, which is strange considering I've seen other options on the japanese web pages.

changed

Reaction score
you guys think the lace boot will look good with shorts? I'm on the fence between the Lace Boot and the 2 eye moc for this summer...
blush.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads