1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Arrow Moccasins

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by DocHunter, Jan 15, 2009.

1. ryn

ryn Active Member

Just ordered some of these:
    [​IMG]

This color isn't something they sell a lot of, and they actually hand dye the hides in shop to get the color. He was surprised I lived in the US and wanted to order shoes I've seen on a Japanese site.

Hopefully will have them around Christmas, but might be longer if he has to hunt for a cleaner hide.

130 for shoes they cut, sew and dye by hand is crazy cheap.

2. pg600rr

pg600rr Senior member

^wonder what other colors/shades they can do and also how the ring boots would look in that color...

3. ryn

ryn Active Member

These are close:
    [​IMG]

Here are some with other colors, black, white, a grey color
    [​IMG]

blue
    [​IMG]

4. tahonng

tahonng Senior member

Just ordered some of these: [​IMG] This color isn't something they sell a lot of, and they actually hand dye the hides in shop to get the color. He was surprised I lived in the US and wanted to order shoes I've seen on a Japanese site.
    I hope that'll darken to look like this: [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG] Found it here, but even with google translate, I had no idea what leather they used.

5. crimpologist

crimpologist Well-Known Member

Just got my ring boots in today. Amazing quality, double soles are pretty comfy and I imagine will only get comfier with each wear. I tried to contact the Arrow people to see if they could have had put a crepe sole on but they are hard to get a hold of. They call you, you don't call them.

6. the shah

the shah Senior member

Just got my ring boots in today. Amazing quality, double soles are pretty comfy and I imagine will only get comfier with each wear. I tried to contact the Arrow people to see if they could have had put a crepe sole on but they are hard to get a hold of. They call you, you don't call them.

you can get crepes, i have mine with crepe sole. only problem is they can't resole, but that's not to say another cobbler won't try. the issue is destroying the upper when you remove the crepe sole

7. crimpologist

crimpologist Well-Known Member

^ Thanks for the info. So perhaps I was better off not getting the crepe, but the crepe just makes it look that much better. Do you use any product on your mocs?

8. the shah

the shah Senior member

^ Thanks for the info. So perhaps I was better off not getting the crepe, but the crepe just makes it look that much better. Do you use any product on your mocs?
    sno seal. now it's a dark dark brown. also applied chelsea leather food on the first day

9. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

someone should take some better pictures of the ring boots from arrow and post them up here.

10. the shah

the shah Senior member

11. telemark

telemark Senior member

Just ordered some of these:
    [​IMG]

This color isn't something they sell a lot of, and they actually hand dye the hides in shop to get the color. He was surprised I lived in the US and wanted to order shoes I've seen on a Japanese site.

Hopefully will have them around Christmas, but might be longer if he has to hunt for a cleaner hide.

130 for shoes they cut, sew and dye by hand is crazy cheap.

When I call them, what should I ask for to get this colour? Do they ship internationally?

12. Lissiedoll

Lissiedoll New Member

I am really interested in the gladiator ring moccasins but no one has talked about them. Does anyone have any pictures of them on someone or have any advice on ordering them??

13. the shah

the shah Senior member

if you want to order just call them up, dude is really nice and can answer all your questions and it's faster than email order

14. Lissiedoll

Lissiedoll New Member

If anyone is interested here is a picture of my dad's old Quoddy Trail ring mocs. I can't comment on new ones but these are from the 70s, worn on concrete by my dad and brother. Granted they do have holes in the sole but those only showed up in the last 10 years that my brother has been wearing them, they are a single sole too.
    [​IMG]

15. Wally

Wally Senior member

if you get the double soles how stiff are they? I'm looking for something that can give a barefoot like experience but not be ugly as hell

16. mechanical pencil

mechanical pencil Senior member

if you get the double soles how stiff are they? I'm looking for something that can give a barefoot like experience but not be ugly as hell

Not stiff at all.

17. dixonmanor

dixonmanor Senior member

OK- thinking about ordering some two-eye mocs for summer. I want this style, as they're a little beefier than the regular two-eye:

[​IMG]

These appear to be a double-sole with a crepe sole glued on. Detail (of a chukka version):

[​IMG]

Just called the guy and he says he doesn't offer this type of customization, but these are all over Japan. He suggested that the Japanese are buying double-soled mocs and attaching the crepe soles after the fact. Can I just have him send me the crepe soles unattached and have a cobbler glue them on? Any insight appreciated.

18. dixonmanor

dixonmanor Senior member

19. garmis

garmis Senior member

just ordered a pair of lace boots with crepe sole/dyed leather. Paul was an incredibly nice guy on the phone, said they should be ready in a month or two.

20. the shah

the shah Senior member

OK- thinking about ordering some two-eye mocs for summer. I want this style, as they're a little beefier than the regular two-eye:

These appear to be a double-sole with a crepe sole glued on. Detail (of a chukka version):

Just called the guy and he says he doesn't offer this type of customization, but these are all over Japan. He suggested that the Japanese are buying double-soled mocs and attaching the crepe soles after the fact. Can I just have him send me the crepe soles unattached and have a cobbler glue them on? Any insight appreciated.

you could try it. i would ask cobbler before though. the guy at arrow also won't resole crepe soles but it can be done by a skilled cobbler maybe he just doesn't want to deal with the hassels.