• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What MANLY stuff did you do today?

JetBlast

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
That's awesome Globe. Some great memories for me revolve around my dad and I in the shop building derby cars.

+1. That was some next-level **** when I was a kid.

Tomorrow at work I will likely end up donning a jumpsuit and shoveling snow off the wings of our airplane as opposed to facing a delay.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Started work on my credenza.

poelow

Reaction score
Went spearfishing. The water was cold enough to grow hair on your chest.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ms244
Started work on my 3 phase converter. Pics of said credenza?
What, one of those so-called rotary jobs? Interesting. I never really had the right kind of circuitry in my head for the EE stuff so I usually stay away. Far away. At least for anything like that. But it's hard to get decent used equipment in single phase! Sure, I'll put up pics of the furniture when done. The top is in the glue rack at the moment -- 30x22" of 1-common cherry layed up at a 45 to match my writing desk. Will have two drawers -- one with a flip-down front for the laptops to stow in and charge, another for my camera and most commonly used lenses. Two drawers below for photo paper and such, with the printer on top. ~ H

dl20

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Huntsman
Started work on my credenza.

Started work on my 3 phase converter.

Pics of said credenza?

we have fellow woodworkers on sf??

dl

ms244

Reaction score
Metal for the most part, mostly diletantish hackery as an escapism from the world
rather then any real work.

A rotary 3 phase converter, PM me if you want some details and instructions. It doesn't look too complicated but it will get hooked up to some big wires coming out the wall. Its basically a capacitor with a couple of switches inside a box and an extra 3 phase motor.

If you don't have a pile of parts for it laying around, its probably cheaper to buy the panel online and scavenge a motor locally though.

Most of my furniture is second hand and/or stuff I found free. I do miss my awsome $5 like new condition steelcase double pedistal. When I get my heliarc up and running maybe we should have a thread of welded metal furniture that I can copy and have a hip chic apartment .

Huntsman, post pics of your little desk cannon. Thats as manly as it gets.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dl20
we have fellow woodworkers on sf?? dl
I believe there are several.
Metal for the most part, mostly diletantish hackery as an escapism from the world rather then any real work. A rotary 3 phase converter, PM me if you want some details and instructions. It doesn't look too complicated but it will get hooked up to some big wires coming out the wall. Its basically a capacitor with a couple of switches inside a box and an extra 3 phase motor. If you don't have a pile of parts for it laying around, its probably cheaper to buy the panel online and scavenge a motor locally though. Most of my furniture is second hand and/or stuff I found free. I do miss my awsome $5 like new condition steelcase double pedistal. When I get my heliarc up and running maybe we should have a thread of welded metal furniture that I can copy and have a hip chic apartment . Huntsman, post pics of your little desk cannon. Thats as manly as it gets.
There are a bunch of guys near me that do incredible welded furniture/art. There is this one stainless bust of a horse (with SS wire for the mane) that is incredible. Some pieces have even been stolen off of people's lawns around here, sadly. I'd like to know who thought of those converters. It's a neat principle. I have no need of one now, as I have no metalworking gear (sadly). A guy I know at work is using a frequency drive and is pretty happy with that. Don't think it works for all apps though. Ok, here's the cannon pic. Though I think it's too small to really be manly.
sfcanuk1.jpg
This, on the other hand....
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. ....is probably the largest artillery piece in civilian hands in the U.S. I've seen it fire. ~ H

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JanC
Farted and sneezed at the same time.

URDOINITRONG... Real men shart and sneeze at the same time with their eyes open.
teacha.gif

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ate a tube of generic brand potato chips.

BBQ flavour.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 107 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 107 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads