• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone heard of Everett Hall ?

sweisman

Reaction score
I have been to both his stores as well, and the guys on here are being too rough on the quality. It's decent quality with nice fabrics made for a different market than reading this forum. His famous clients are sports figures. His general clients are wealthy men who want to dress similar to sports figures. I think it's kind of like Hugo Boss for the baller and baller-want-to-be. Not bad, just not my style.

ryoneo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why isn't Mr. Spiffy in here yet?
laugh.gif

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by texas_jack
He asked my sister out. Dude looks just like Herbie Hancock.

Oh man if that had worked out - you might have had a closet full of EH clothes!
happy.gif

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
to be fair the stuff I see in his window is a lot more tame. they're just 3 button suits with a high gorge. Not nearly as weird as the stuff in the photos above.
Yeah, the stuff in the window looks alright - so on a lark I went in and tried on a suit jacket when I was in the neighborhood... It felt really, really cheap... the thing that stood out the most was the lapel having no roll whatsoever. The suit was completely fused... not a working buttonhole in sight... not a real horn button anywhere in the store... I calculate his markup to be 6,800% per suit. I had to laugh at the guy who was fitting me -- he plucked a 44R for me after sizing me up (I'm a 42R) and in the mirror I could see it was much too big on me, but the salesguy kept insisting it was perfect! Come to think of it, I've never seen anyone in any of his stores... ever. How does he stay in business?

horndog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've also never seen anybody in his stores and I've killed a lot of time wandering around Tyson's II. I'm at a loss to he affords rent in that mall.

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
He asked my sister out. Dude looks just like Herbie Hancock.

Pics of sister or it didn't happen
drool.gif

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tailorrmade
I've been to Everett Hall's store many times and have never been able to pay the $1700 price he has on those suits. He markets the fabric more than the styling. He claims to have traveled the world looking for exclusive fabrics that factories swear to only sell to him. I believe that the styling is based on folks who want to emulate the sports figures and entertainers. They need to know that these folks actually have their garments custom made and are not off any rack. I think you can make an EH suit look nice with extreme tailoring but why would you do that? While I do not think these suits are KG quality, they are not worth the asking price either.

One would think the guys are getting custom made suits. For the most part they are not. Last year Magic Johnson was on tv wearing a Hall suit with the fabric tag still attached to the sleeve.
There are many high priced urban stores selling ready made suits. Most of these stores have pics of wealthy rappers, ball players, etc. wearing their suits and shoes. I'm talking $1500+ suits and $1000+ shoes. Not just Hall, visit some of the stores in Georgetown on Wisconsin (a few blocks north of M st.).

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
It's like Bachrach, but more ugly and more expensive.

tailorrmade

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mr monty
One would think the guys are getting custom made suits. For the most part they are not. Last year Magic Johnson was on tv wearing a Hall suit with the fabric tag still attached to the sleeve.
There are many high priced urban stores selling ready made suits. Most of these stores have pics of wealthy rappers, ball players, etc. wearing their suits and shoes. I'm talking $1500+ suits and $1000+ shoes. Not just Hall, visit some of the stores in Georgetown on Wisconsin (a few blocks north of M st.).

I know the shop! They sell those Extrema by Zanetti suits. They have pictures of Ray Lewis, etc. on the wall. LOL!!! I haven't been there in 9 or so years. I used to go to GT a lot in those days. I was 27 years old then and didn't know jack! That's a damn shame that Magic Johnson would wear the fabric tag of anything and step in front of a camera. OMG!!!I understand that some of the European designers make suits to fit teenage boys sometimes but there is a such thing as tailored look and that is what I am partial to. I have the same frame as many football players, 6'2"/240lbs athletic build and I know what the intent it but some tend to take it a little too far. Canali is my favorite off the rack suit and it fits like it were a custom suit.

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mr monty
...visit some of the stores in Georgetown on Wisconsin (a few blocks north of M st.)
When I was in high school, my friends and I all thought those stores were primarily patronized by drug dealers... Hey wait a minute - there used to be a store in Georgetown Park Mall that was very similar to this type of store... I forget the name of it, but it was on the left as soon as you walked into the mall from M street - main entrance. You know the store -- poster-sized advertisements from GQ magazine on display in the front window! Over-zealous salesmen of "Middle-Eastern" descent! (Could have been Turkish or Moroccan for all I know). Anyway, nobody was ever in this store... I wondered how they could stay in business, paying the huge rents in a prime spot in Georgetown... then one day, they just vanished! I read in the paper that the store got into big trouble for Money Laundering! Whose money, you ask? Rayful Edmond... the most notorious drug dealer in all of Washington, D.C.!!!!! So maybe my friends and I were on to something... those Mercedes Benz parked illegally outside of those upper Georgetown shops -- out pop 18 year-old kids wearing the most ostentatious Coogi sweaters you'd ever seen (would have made Bill Cosby blush) -- flashing wads of cash... gold rope chains, gold teeth and bling everywhere... EDIT: [Rayful Edmond] was known to have spent some $457,619 in an exclusive Georgetown store - Linea Pitti, specializing in Italian men's clothing) owned by Charles Wynn who was later convicted on 34 counts of money laundering. Interesting: http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/cgi-bi...ase&no=923024a

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads