• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What did you eat last night for dinner?

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fabienne...sounds great! And nice to see you back!

Last night we made a cheese fondue with some steamed vegetables. We also had a nice roast beef from the Paul Bocuse shop so we sliced it up and threw it on top of some salad greens.

I am trying too lose some weight so...no wine or bread!

Fabienne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Alter
Fabienne...sounds great! And nice to see you back!

Last night we made a cheese fondue with some steamed vegetables. We also had a nice roast beef from the Paul Bocuse shop so we sliced it up and threw it on top of some salad greens.

I am trying too lose some weight so...no wine or bread!

smile.gif

The Paul Bocuse shop?

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
6 oz frozen tuna steak
1/2 cup haricot verts
Beurre Blanc

My tuna started falling apart while I was putting it on the plate.
mad.gif
I'm happy with the medium rare of the tuna, though.
tunaandbeurreblanc.jpg

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
6 oz frozen tuna steak
1/2 cup haricot verts
Beurre Blanc

mad.gif
tunaandbeurreblanc.jpg

FROZEN TUNA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
cloud.gif

baldy[1].gif
baldy[1].gif
baldy[1].gif
baldy[1].gif
baldy[1].gif
baldy[1].gif
baldy[1].gif
baldy[1].gif
baldy[1].gif
baldy[1].gif
baldy[1].gif
baldy[1].gif

Plating getting better though. With tuna like that, for a healthier option, I'd even just make a fresh gremolata. Also, don't know if you did a rub or just seasoned, but it looks kind of concentrated. Make sure you season from a high so it's even.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
6 oz frozen tuna steak
1/2 cup haricot verts
Beurre Blanc

mad.gif
tunaandbeurreblanc.jpg

Not seared enough, and too well done.
tounge.gif

P.S. I cooked chicken cacciatore tonight. My tummy is warm and comfy.
smile.gif

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SField
FROZEN TUNA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
cloud.gif

baldy[1].gif
baldy[1].gif
baldy[1].gif
baldy[1].gif
baldy[1].gif
baldy[1].gif
baldy[1].gif
baldy[1].gif
baldy[1].gif
baldy[1].gif
baldy[1].gif
baldy[1].gif

Plating getting better though. With tuna like that, for a healthier option, I'd even just make a fresh gremolata.

Hey man, I've been wanting a tuna steak for weeks now. 12 oz for $9.99 is better than the 29.99 per pound at WF.
Gremolata would have gone well with it. I used beurre blanc b/c I thought I had wasabi in my fridge that I was going to put in there, but I didn't. Oh well I guess.
Thanks re: the plating. I have to say, I'm a fan of the white plate over the red/black for sure.
Originally Posted by DarkNWorn
Not seared enough, and too well done.
tounge.gif

I don't think it's too well done, but it definitely should be seared better. It was hard to gauge the doneness on the frozen tuna, since it was pretty solid and I couldn't use the handy dandy little finger trick.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fabienne
Last night: steak and mushroom pie.

No kidney's? I guess you are french...
tounge.gif

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey man, I've been wanting a tuna steak for weeks now. 12 oz for $9.99 is better than the 29.99 per pound at WF.
Gremolata would have gone well with it. I used beurre blanc b/c I thought I had wasabi in my fridge that I was going to put in there, but I didn't. Oh well I guess.
Thanks re: the plating. I have to say, I'm a fan of the white plate over the red/black for sure.

That's good. In a couple months get a flatter plate.

You eat pretty healthy but I'd recommend more veg/whole grain. Try making like a wheatberry salad or maybe a quinoa rissotto. Maybe sautee some zucchinni and cherry tomatoes like Ramsay does. More color, more flavor and nutrients... I'd just try to add more colors to your diet in addition to the greens.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SField
You eat pretty healthy but I'd recommend more veg/whole grain. Try making like a wheatberry salad or maybe a quinoa rissotto. Maybe sautee some zucchinni and cherry tomatoes like Ramsay does. More color, more flavor and nutrients... I'd just try to add more colors to your diet in addition to the greens.

That's a good point. I'm mainly protein based, but almost all of my veg come from broccoli or green beans. I put some color in salads with carrots, peppers, etc, but not really in my dishes at home. Good advice.

King Francis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just finished eating scrambled eggs on herb-buttered toast topped with sautÃ
00a9.png
ed shallots and shiitake mushrooms. Four eggs, whole milk, chives, grey sea salt. Simple and delicious, and a touch decadent. Sometimes breakfast for dinner is what hits the spot. Thank you, Mr. Ramsay.

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by King Francis
Just finished eating scrambled eggs on herb-buttered toast topped with sautÃ
00a9.png
ed shallots and shiitake mushrooms. Four eggs, whole milk, chives, grey sea salt. Simple and delicious, and a touch decadent. Sometimes breakfast for dinner is what hits the spot. Thank you, Mr. Ramsay.

You salted only later, right?

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fabienne
smile.gif

The Paul Bocuse shop?

In Japan there are many branded Bocuse shops in department stores selling charcuterie, pastries, etc. The quality and prices are both high.

VKK3450

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm a fan of the white plate over the red/black for sure.

^^ racist

Last night I had roast stuffed pork chops with a sort of chopped mushroom topping. I've totally fallen in love with brining chicken and pork, its a world of difference. Brown rice and some courgette / zuchinni

K

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads