• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Farinelli's Thanksgiving Sale - Measurements and Stock List

Doctor Quack

Reaction score
cldpsu's point is that APC denim is vanity sized. A 29 APC NS has an approximate waist of 31" while the KMW are more true to size (such that a 31 fits a 31" waist). So unless you want your jeans to work as birth control, you should likely get a 31 for the KMW Rocker (he does grant that some can size down one, though).

cldpsu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Doctor Quack
cldpsu's point is that APC denim is vanity sized. A 29 APC NS has an approximate waist of 31" while the KMW are more true to size (such that a 31 fits a 31" waist). So unless you want your jeans to work as birth control, you should likely get a 31 for the KMW Rocker (he does grant that some can size down one, though).
And what Quack means by a 31 fits a 31 waist is that the tagged size is the true waist size of that jean, not that their waist is 31"... there waist will more likely be around 33" A good rule of thumb is that you will wear jean sizes tagged around 1-3 inches smaller then your natural waist and they can all be uncomfortably snug at first. For instance, my waist measures 34 inches and I wear a 31 in acne moc, 32 in nudie slim jim, and 33 in a pair of rag and bone's, hence 3, 2, and 1 tagged sizes below my natural waist. This doesn't apply to vanity sizing, like the apc's. That example I gave you can of course go to **** if you aren't fitting the jean the same way I'm fitting it. I always buy it so that it is a little uncomfortably tight in the waist at first. If you were to fit the jean comfortable in the waist, then we are on different pages and you don't have to be so regimented about proper sizing. Guys often do that to buy a jean they really like. They'll find a pair they think is just amazing, and they will forfeit the waist being snug if it means the legs are the way they want them. The problem is once the waist stretches, chances are the block (crotch and up) might end up looking sloppy and baggy. It's sometimes the case that it's just the waistline that's a little loose, but I've seen instances where people had a somewhat baggy block but the rest of the jean looked right. Again, they do this just to buy that jean that everyone is buying, forfeiting the perfect or near perfect fit. That's what I always go for and I turn down anything that fits less than near perfect, regardless how nice the wash is or whatever. I put fit in front of everything. Hopefully this helps.

KenN

Reaction score
I emailed the Farinelli gmail account and never got a response
frown.gif

I really want my denim too.

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Um, dude, it's Thanksgiving. I'm pretty sure they have better things to do today than hover over the gmail account. Hell, I have better things to do than hover over this thread. Like cry myself to sleep because I missed that Rag and Bone coat in 40.

KenN

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Arethusa
Um, dude, it's Thanksgiving. I'm pretty sure they have better things to do today than hover over the gmail account.

Hell, I have better things to do than hover over this thread. Like cry myself to sleep because I missed that Rag and Bone coat in 40.

I can't help it, I am so friggin addicted. I need an intervention.

Chinook

Reaction score
Just sent funds for a pair of SJDCs.. 29x34.

Hopefully no one pulled the trigger before me.. and if they didn't.. lets see if we can send it as a gift
laugh.gif

primus

Reaction score
So I totally stuffed my order up. Paypal'd some money with an empty comments field, so I sent an email. I hope my order doesn't get lost in the barrage of orders I'm sure you're receiving
eh.gif

wmmk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Teger, has anyone else copped the KMW rocker's in 31 yet? Sorry to be just a wee bit OCD about this. I would've ordered them with paypal, but as I mentioned, I don't have a paypal acctount.

If they're still available, is there any way I can "reserve" them?

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
WE ARE BEYOND SWAMPED WITH ORDERS.

JESSE CALL THE STORE OR EMAIL ME IF YOU WANT TO CANCEL YOUR ORDER.
I HAVE A 32x34 1980 for you FYI.

PLEASE HAVE PATIENCE THE SALE RESPONDE IS MIND BOGGLING.
WE WILL FILL ALL ORDERS FIRST COME FIRST SERVE AND WILL REFUND EVERYONE WHO DOESN'T GET THEIR ORDER>
BEST<
MAURO

CALLING OR EMAIL IS THE BEST WAY

TODAY IS THANKSGIVING I HAD TO GIVE EMILY AND THE STAFF OFF BE PATEINT.

IMPORTANT IG YOU PAYPAL ME PLEAE LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU WANT DON'T JUST SEND ME MONEY. I LIKE THE IDEA BUT I AM NOT A MIND READER YOU WILL BE REFUNDED AND WILL NOT PASS GO AND WON'T COLLECT 200.00
HAPPY SHOPPING!!
Mauro

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics