• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Persol 714 vs 649

agavilanes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by _AMD
From what I have have gathered from reading his posts, his ass for a hat.

Aaron

Persols doesn't go with that
smile.gif

TCN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
BTW, Persol makes the Italian made Purple Label sunglasses. In fact, just about the slickest shades around if you like the style are the Purple Label folders in black with a green lens; absent the Persol chrome, they are quite subtle.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Sorry, doesn't look like they have any promos that would apply here unless you are getting them made prescription ($25 off with a coupon).

agavilanes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
Sorry, doesn't look like they have any promos that would apply here unless you are getting them made prescription ($25 off with a coupon).
I was thinking in puting the prescription myself, but if I can do it in fd.com, that would be great. Where do I find the code? Also. I tried to order prescription but I cant get the link for that (In wayfarers was pretty easy, it appear in the search results)

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Holiday Coupon - $25 Off Any Pair Of Prescription Eyeglasses Using Coupon Code 25PEYE
11-Nov-2008 - 25-Dec-2008

Thanks for thinking to use the forum link!

I'm not really sure on the procedure to do the prescription on the site but you could try their support, they've been good in my experience.

minhi

Reaction score
to those looking for persol i've seen them at loehmann's all summer and they're on sale (at least at the few i've stopped at recently) for less then $50, so check if you want one and have a loehmann's nearby.

agavilanes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by minhi
to those looking for persol i've seen them at loehmann's all summer and they're on sale (at least at the few i've stopped at recently) for less then $50, so check if you want one and have a loehmann's nearby.
Thks for the advice, but I don't live in US.

Could you proxy?

discostar

Reaction score
Originally Posted by AnGeLiCbOrIs
Who needs any Persols when you can have these? (For only $150 after cashback! PM me!)

rlplshades.jpg

whats the name of these?

wheres the best place to buy persol 649/714/2869 or those above in europe or online ? whats the lowest price for each of them?

cheers!

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yes, what model are these RL sunglasses so I can try to locate them? They arent on the website.

chl

Reaction score
649 hands down, The original , classic and I receive multiple compliments every time they are worn.

JSC437

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
are all 649's the same size? or do they come in multiple sizes?

if multiple sizes, how do u determine what size is best for you? is there a measurement to be made?

put a tape measure to my face or something?

thanks

Steven Aver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
714 and 649 are the same other than the folding feature. Both come in various sizes.........

The 649 were made famous by Marcello Mastroani, the 714 were the signature shaes of Steve Mcqueen. Both are very cool sunglasses.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads