• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Harrisons of Edinburgh fabrics

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
In that case, I suppose I'm betraying my Chinese heritage to adopt the mannerisms of the French(?), not the Italians, when it comes to my cuffs.

Get one of those iammatt BD french cuff shirts, and leave the collar unbuttoned and the cuffs uncuffed.

Covers all the bases.

- B

Film Noir Buff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Concordia
Has anyone here trafficked much in the Harrison Frontier bunch? Appears to be comparable-- or in the same category-- as the Lesser 9-10oz but with more mottled colors.
Its pretty much the same quality cloth, I think the Harrisons is a bit heavier

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
Get one of those iammatt BD french cuff shirts, and leave the collar unbuttoned and the cuffs uncuffed.

Covers all the bases.

I already have my own style of modified OCBD, remember? My name will be attached to it for the ages.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
I already have my own style of modified OCBD, remember? My name will be attached to it for the ages.

Are you sending one to whnay for Xmas?

- B

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Covers all the bases.

- B

What about the buttons on the front? Two or three undone?

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
What about the buttons on the front? Two or three undone?

I'm afraid I'm completely in your camp with unbuttoning two.

It pains me to admit that you are right.

- B

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
He wants?

I'm certain that he's a big fan. His truculent comments are just a smokescreen.

I would get them embroidered BHO just to put his delirium over the top.

- B

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'm certain that he's a big fan. His truculent comments are just a smokescreen.

I would get them embroidered BHO just to put his delirium over the top.

Well, now that I know there's a market for my creation, it's settled. First thing after work I'm going to go buy a van and start selling my vision to the world.

I'm feeling very E.G.

Film Noir Buff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's weird; I don't see many French cuffs around Naples. But every store sells cufflinks and both Anna and Mariano insist that French cuffs are always elegant and classic. Ultimately, I wonder how much the apparent preference for barrel cuffs is a function of current trends. Anyway, it's not like the vast majority of men in Naples would be considered elegant or well-dressed to begin with.
Perhaps rather than relying on wandering around the streets of Naples, a more precise or scientific method of social social observation could be employed?

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Film Noir Buff
Perhaps rather than relying on wandering around the streets of Naples, a more precise or scinetific method of social social observation could be employed?
I see them! I see them!

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Concordia
Has anyone here trafficked much in the Harrison Frontier bunch? Appears to be comparable-- or in the same category-- as the Lesser 9-10oz but with more mottled colors.

Are you talking about the "new" 9.5/10 Lesser? It's fantastic...I really love it. If Harrisons have something that good, that is a great set of options to have in that weight.

- B

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Film Noir Buff
Perhaps rather than relying on wandering around the streets of Naples, a more precise or scinetific method of social social observation could be employed?

What would a scientific method be for determining the well-dressed portion of a city's populace? I guess I could find out what Flusser book sales are like in Naples and work up a matrix that compensates for each Neapolitan's post-2007 AAAC posting frequency . . .

(I'm just kidding!!!!)

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dopey
You needn't concede that he is right. It may be ok for one of you and not the other.

Are you suggesting that since I am post-Neanderthal, I might have to go to three?

280823891_Pjahs-L.jpg

I fear winding up as LabelKing's avatar.

- B

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics