• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ok, what would get you to become violent?

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acidicboy
But I also have no qualms with causing a person's death if that person is an imminent danger to me or my low taxes.

Fixed for my friends Fran and Piobare...

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nonk
'Winning' fights has little or nothing to do with the decision to get into one for me.

If I feel strongly enough that I will offer violence, then I accept that I will receive violence. I am quite prepared to take a beating in certain circumstances. (and have done in the past)

The opponent, regardless of whether he 'wins' or not, will know he has been in a fight.

That's enough for me.

very honorable position

RedLantern

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tiecollector
#1 and #2 definitely. #3 as a preventative measure. Let's say the first time a guy starts just slapping a chick on the arm, next time he goes out he is confident enough to slap them on the ass when they are alone, the next time he slaps them on the ass in front of their boyfriend. Eventually, he might not take no for an answer. All it took to deter him in the first place was a punch in the gut the first time he got out of hand. If chivalry hadn't left, we wouldn't need to be having this discussion.

Right, because sexual assault only arose during the decline of chivalry?
confused.gif

Maharlika

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't get violent in public. I do get violent with the maids when they break my things or they dont' do a good job at what they are paid to do.

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Maharlika
I don't get violent in public. I do get violent with the maids when they break my things or they dont' do a good job at what they are paid to do.

I wanna see this on TV.

It takes a lot to make me angry. You'd have to kill a family member for me to get violent. Or spill coffee on a suede bag or something.

West24

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
one time as was at the club with some homie g's from across the way. this guy comes up and starts bad mouthing style forum. i said i would not put up with anyone sullying the good name of this forum. and guess what he said next? everyone who goes on there is a huge homosexual, especially that guy connemara. now i was furious! noone and i mean noone talks about conne like that. i approached him and told him to take it back. i said "YOU TAKE THAT BACK!" with anger in my eyes. my but cheeks were clenched as if i was holding a baloni sandwich together between them. and if you know me, you know when my but cheeks are held tight like im keeping a baloni sandwich together i mean business. he wasnt phased, i was forced to take off my leather glove and smack him in the face with it while yelling "I CHALLENGE THEE TO A DUEL!". he proceeds to take off his ed hardy trucker hat when bam i give him a swift punch to the nuts. my cheeks give way and the sandwich drops. everything is good again, and we can now all move on.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by West24
one time as was at the club with some homie g's from across the way. this guy comes up and starts bad mouthing style forum. i said i would not put up with anyone sullying the good name of this forum. and guess what he said next? everyone who goes on there is a huge homosexual, especially that guy connemara. now i was furious! noone and i mean noone talks about conne like that. i approached him and told him to take it back. i said "YOU TAKE THAT BACK!" with anger in my eyes. my but cheeks were clenched as if i was holding a baloni sandwich together between them. and if you know me, you know when my but cheeks are held tight like im keeping a baloni sandwich together i mean business. he wasnt phased, i was forced to take off my leather glove and smack him in the face with it while yelling "I CHALLENGE THEE TO A DUEL!". he proceeds to take off his ed hardy trucker hat when bam i give him a swift punch to the nuts. my cheeks give way and the sandwich drops. everything is good again, and we can now all move on.
u guys cant tell me and him are the same guy right

Etienne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't think I can recall ever having been in a serious fight. There have been a couple occasions as a kid or in my early teens, but none serious. Still, I do have a bit of a temper and it shows sometimes. The worst that has happened in recent years were a couple instances of me slapping someone or of me shoving someone. I am not proud of those occasions (I have done it to a woman) but still feel they were justified. To answer the OP, I think there are several dimensions to the question.
  • If I think about it now, rationally, I'd say that I can't think of any situation where I would feel justified to use real violence unless to respond to violence or deter an immediate and serious threat.
  • I am not sure I would hold my temper enough to hold that standard in a real-life situation.
  • Based on my previous experience, I am pretty sure it will almost never come to this in a real-life situation. Maybe I have been lucky, maybe I am just pretty good at avoinding stupid situations.

scarphe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
just quick question it sems most people will engage in violence over little things does that mean you are willing to take the combat to it´s possible end being killed or killing the other person? it honestly seems a little much for simple sake of pride.

johnapril

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If someone insulted my coffee routine, death would ensue. Lands would fall to waste. Entire companies of unborn armies would vaporize.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
I kill random bystanders over the smallest perceived slights. Everyone (on the internet) knows how tough I am.

Where do you guys get into these fights, maybe I'm just lucky or very chill but I tend to calm things down very quickly when they escalate.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cravate_Noire
Touch my hair, steal my square, you shouldn't dare,
lol8[1].gif
I don't have much of a temper at all. I actually think I have a problem in that I can't get pissed enough when I should. This doesn't stop me from stepping in if I think I should, and can, defuse something, but I don't escalate things to the point of violence. The last time someone started coming at me and my friends for something one of them might have done (it was unclear), I (stupidly in hindsight) sent them to the trunk of my car for my baseball bat and pulled my pocket knife out on the "leader" of their little group, advancing toward him like I was ready for whatever. He turned 180 on a dime and ran back into the bar, and we left. Next time I saw him, he was the door guy at a different bar, and when I walked in he nodded and declined to ask for my ID. I think it was understood that he was out of line and I was defending myself and my friends, and luckily no further trouble came from that, because it could have gotten really bad really fast. That was like 8 years ago and I have rarely had any situation get close to violence since then.

username79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In the world I live in, if somebody grabs your wife's ass, and you "open a 32 ounce can of whoop ass" on him, you spend the night in the brink, look forward to your court date, and your chance of getting clearance or having lucrative employment are wiped out for the rest of your life.

I'm willing to bet some of you live in the same world, just off the internet.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by arnach
In the world I live in, if somebody grabs your wife's ass, and you "open a 32 ounce can of whoop ass" on him, you spend the night in the brink, look forward to your court date, and your chance of getting clearance or having lucrative employment are wiped out for the rest of your life.

I'm willing to bet some of you live in the same world, just off the internet.

No way!! Haven't you heard? Experts in womanology can attest that the female species love to see some crushed bones and blood splatter... in the name of their honor and as a token of their companion's sweet affection, I mean. It's teh evolution stupid! We was programmed to do taht...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads