1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

ok, what would get you to become violent?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by globetrotter, Oct 13, 2008.

1. Tangerz

Tangerz Active Member

I think once people know you are willing to fight they are less willing to create a situation in which you'd have to fight them. Unless they are drunk I suppose. My list of reason are the same as the OP. I have been in very few fights. Though I've smacked some people as a warning to them, to let them know fighting me won't be the right move.

I follow a pacifist route, but your words ring true with me.

I remember this one time in high school, when trying out for the track team, I was pretty slow. So a few of the faster kids (they're black, but I won't use this as reason [​IMG]). Well, they've been fooling with me like small shoulder brushes in a hallway or sneers, but it was enough to irritate me.

Needless to say, I became a thrower, gained about 40 pounds of bulk (160 going in, 200 going out)... when doing drills, one of them came up and started taunting me. I just snapped right then and there and started running after him. Of course, he was faster, but I was bigger than him, so naturally he didn't want to mess with me.

Taught him a lesson. Hell, he was enrolled in the same history class as I was and I sat in the back. One glance at me and he moved to the front seats. [​IMG]

2. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

It wasn't about visiting my booth- he was welcome to visit my booth, when it was empty. It is poor form for him to do so when I am with customers, and that is very well known and accepted. And it is extremly poor form for him to argue with me and disrupt my work in my booth.

As a matter of fact, its such poor form that his manager and regional suporvisor both came around later to appologize and tell me that they were repromanding him.

What did they put in your coffee back there? Exhibitors have been visiting competitors' booths since the day trade fairs were invented.

3. odoreater

odoreater Senior member

In all seriousness, I think fighting is a piss poor way to solve problems. I'd fight if someone physically attacked me or to defend someone else that's being physically attacked (btw, I'm not talking about fighting for sport - I do that a couple times a week), but it would take a lot for me to instigate a fight.

4. RJman

RJman Senior member Dubiously Honored

In all seriousness, I think fighting is a piss poor way to solve problems. I'd fight if someone physically attacked me or to defend someone else that's being physically attacked (btw, I'm not talking about fighting for sport - I do that a couple times a week), but it would take a lot for me to instigate a fight.

Wait, aren't you Serbian?

5. West24

West24 Senior member

i almost never fight. have gotten into 2 fights in about 4 years other the boxing. one time was about 4 years ago where i was paying basetball and ended up arguing with a guy on my team who was a complete idiot and a POS. i went to get a drink and he whipped the ball at my head. i walked up to him and started punching him in the face. second time was about a month and a half ago. some guy was a weird nerd/low self esteem issues and was telling me to shut up. i didnt know him but he came to a party and to eat with us after. long story short he kept telling me he was going to punch me in the face. i ignored him like 4 times, then he grabbed my jacket and told me he was going to do it. i said let go about 3 times and he didnt. so i hit him with 3 quick jabs to the face. he let go and i could see blood coming out of his mouth. the look on his face was priceless. but i always always try to defuse them because nothing good can really come out of it.

6. romafan

romafan Senior member

Wait, aren't you Serbian?

Attachment 17695

7. eg1

eg1 Senior member

I float like a butterfly and sting like a bee...

I meant fast, as in running, not fast as in quick.

8. Seanallen

Seanallen Senior member

9. Bona Drag

Bona Drag Senior member

Spending more than three minutes in CEP&M

10. RJman

RJman Senior member Dubiously Honored

11. Spirit of 69

Spirit of 69 Senior member

Someone stepping to my girl.

Someone stepping to one of my boys.

Someone being a bitch (not a bitch in the sense of havin' a pussy, but a bitch because someone's tryin' to fuck me)

"Someone stepping to?" What the hell does that mean? Speak proper English please!

And you'd hit someone who's trying to fuck you? What planet are you on? Obviously one where English isn't the first language.

12. gdl203

gdl203 Senior member Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored

Wow - someone's stepping

13. FLMountainMan

FLMountainMan Senior member

Wow - someone's stepping

Those Swedes have a temper.