• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rate my fantasy football team

cut76

Reaction score
Here's mine. 12 team league, ppr.

QB Carson Palmer
RB Marshawn Lynch
RB Marion Barber
WR Plaxico Burress
WR Greg Jennings
WR/RB Fred Taylor
TE Chris Cooley
K Nate Kaeding
DST Redskins

Kitna
Tatum Bell
C. Taylor
Stallworth
Javon Walker
James Hardy

I'm feeling ok this year.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
brian- Drop Oakland D and pick up another RB that has a chance to play sometime this year. Maybe a guy like Steve Slaton could be available? Maybe Ray Rice? When it comes time for the pats bye week, just pick up a random team that is playing the worst team that week. Everyone should do this for their backup D. Is there a reason you have 2 TEs on your bench but no starting TE spot? If so, there might be another WR with some upside left. Better that than a guy who isn't going to get above 500 yards and 4tds on the year like marcedes. With deep bench players, try and get some guys who could potentially start, not just stop gaps for byes. cut76- Pretty solid team, especially at the RB position. What the hell league is that where they let one of those guys slip to the 2nd? I'm not really high on jennings as he was kind of hit or miss and relied on long tds rather than consistency. I'd perhaps consider dropping a WR or swapping Bell for a RB with some upside and who could potentially start and be good trade bait later on. I dunno, that's just how i roll, but the team is solid.

garmentmerchant

Reaction score
Ok this is goign to sound marsupialed and unmanly i know but how exactly is fantasy football played is it some kind of video game or do you just make stuff up? I have heard people talk about this for decades now and I havent had the audacity to ask someone in person

chronoaug

Reaction score
You draft a team of players from a pool of all the NFL players. Then you get points based on how they perform during that week's games. You tally up the points you earn, and normally you are competing head to head against another owner's team. Most points that week wins the matchup. There are playoffs and stuff like a normal sport league

Hard2Fit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by garmentmerchant
I did what all intelligent people should do and googled it. So basically if your qb throws a touch down in real life your fantasy football team gets a touchdown if you chose that player
Yes.

Thracozaag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cut76
Here's mine. 12 team league, ppr.

QB Carson Palmer
RB Marshawn Lynch
RB Marion Barber
WR Plaxico Burress
WR Greg Jennings
WR/RB Fred Taylor
TE Chris Cooley
K Nate Kaeding
DST Redskins

Kitna
Tatum Bell
C. Taylor
Stallworth
Javon Walker
James Hardy

I'm feeling ok this year.

Yikes, that's a damn good lineup.

cut76

Reaction score
What the hell league is that where they let one of those guys slip to the 2nd?

I had the 11th pick, took Barber and then got Lynch on the way back up. Brady, Manning and Moss all went in the 1st, which is reasonable. I got lucky that the 12th pick took Larry Johnson and then Reggie Bush on the way back up. He's new to the league, and I don't know him, so...

It's generally a pretty competitive league. The first year my friend's brother and I tied in the final, and he won on previous record. So pissed... if Owens hadn't dropped that pass...

michaeljkrell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here is mine in a PPR 16 member league. I picked third. The draft was 17 rounds.

QB - Drew Brees
RB - LT
RB - Reggie Bush
WR - TJ Houz...
WR - Jerricho Cotchery
RB/WR - Lavernius Coles
TE - Vernon Davis
K - Shayne Graham
D - Buffalo
DL - Jason Taylor
LB - Mike Peterson (Gonna cut him and pick up someone else asap)
DB - (Got to get somebody)

Bench
QB - Aaron Rodgers
RB - Matt Forte
RB - Fred Taylor
RB - Brandon Jackson
WR - Kevin Curtis
WR - Bryant Johnson

I got to drop someone and pick up a DB. Curtis is coming off of a sports hernia operation, so I guess I am leaning towards him. Super excited that LT dropped to three. I hope one of my backup backs has a great start to see if I can trade one of them and Vernon Davis for a better TE.

michaeljkrell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
What the hell league is that where they let one of those guys slip to the 2nd? .
I have one better. One person in my league picked up Stephen Jackson & Joseph Addai!!!!

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
I'm not touching any of these.

It's where the great Steve-Slim War started.

chronoaug

Reaction score
MJK- Curtis isn't playing for at least the first 4-5 weeks. Drop his ass. Your team looks damn good considering it's a 16 team league though. Getting LT 3rd is a ******* steal. Some people drink way too much kool-aid these days when it comes to fantasy. However, i'd also drop brandon jackson and pick up another receiver as you're going to want 2 and having forte and taylor give you some good RB backups already.

michaeljkrell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, good looking out. I am going to drop Curtis, Jackson & Peterson and pick up my db (LaRon Landry), lb (Posluszny) & another receiver Courtney Taylor (he is going to be the only seahawk receiver standing anymore).

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
Originally Posted by michaeljkrell
Yeah, good looking out. I am going to drop Curtis, Jackson & Peterson and pick up my db (LaRon Landry), lb (Posluszny) & another receiver Courtney Taylor (he is going to be the only seahawk receiver standing anymore).

Burleson. Only 700 yards but 11 TDs.

Snapped him up in our league before His Slimness could beat me to ANOTHER pick.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads