• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Authentic Tacos - healthy or no?

texas_jack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Being from Texas I know the tacos you speak of. I think if you eat chicken, cilantro, corn tortilla, salsa and no cheese or sour cream they are a good and balanced meal. The real mexian style tacos are smaller than your standard fast food tacos I would try to eat two not three.

kshah

Reaction score
Whenever possible get a whole wheat tortilla, double chicken, and salsa - 80g protein, 40g carbs, 15g fat

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lawyerdad
Not particularly similar. From a nutritional standpoint, grilled or broiled chicken, on one hand, and ground beef, on the other, are not exactly equivalent.

Originally Posted by kshah
Whenever possible get a whole wheat tortilla, double chicken, and salsa - 80g protein, 40g carbs, 15g fat

Now that is healthy; except people don't eat authentic tacos that way.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whacked

I was going by the OP's description. But I agree you add a typical hard shell, cheese, sour cream, etc., it's a different story.

matadorpoeta

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whacked

Originally Posted by lawyerdad
I was going by the OP's description. But I agree you add a typical hard shell, cheese, sour cream, etc., it's a different story.

ld, i may misunderstand your post, but you know that authentic tacos don't contain cheese, sour cream, etc... ?

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i made turkey tacos at home
100% whole wheat soft wrap
lettuce, tomato, cheese, and lean turkey meat
seems to turn out pretty healthy to me...

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by constant struggle

Agreed, unfortunately that's not even remotely authentic.

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by constant struggle

that sounds disgusting

I would rather drop the cheese and use real meat.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by matadorpoeta
ld, i may misunderstand your post, but you know that authentic tacos don't contain cheese, sour cream, etc... ?

Yes, but thanks.

This thread makes me hungry for some tacos from Yucca's Hut. I miss living within walking distance. Mmmm.

Blackmon

Reaction score
On any given night I can be found up the street at the taco TRUCK. I can put away 3-9 tacos in a sitting at 10
tongue.gif
m and go to bed 20 minutes later. i wake up feeling like a million bucks. My cholesterol is fine, I'm loosing weight, and they are delicious. I say eat up.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
This thread makes me hungry for some tacos from Yucca's Hut. I miss living within walking distance. Mmmm.

Yucca's opened a second location with an expanded menu at the corner of Hollywood and Vermont in the former Casa Diaz. Great food, but I hate that Casa Diaz is gone - they had great carnitas. My new go-to carnitas spot is La Estrella in Highland Park at the corner of Figueroa and 61st.

aging in rhythm

Reaction score
I had no idea that flour tortillas were so bad for you. The more you know, I suppose. What about those spinach/sundried tomato tortillas?

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hmm I'm trying to decide how authentic a taco place can be with such a nice website

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads