• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) Ask a Question, Get an Answer - please ask all quick questions here

Status
Not open for further replies.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
With these measurements what jacket size (typically) will work best.

thanks again for all your help as I try to find a non-crappy suit.

neck: 14
shoulders: 15.5
chest:18

I was thinking 36, but am not sure. And my measurements could easily be off. I just googled suit measurement guide and tried to do my best.

billionaireboy

Reaction score
thanks for the answer to my previous question.

I was just wondering if the initial hot soak would shrink the leg opening of a pair of jeans? I am afraid to bring my F380s to a tailor to get em tapered.

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There was a thread in MC about Harrison's (Bluefly's "house brand") suppoosedly shoddy quality. That was three years ago, and about their cashmere sheaters. Would people here advise me agains this:

Harrison black stripe thermal zip hoodie

Even from this photo, the fit looks flawed, but the design is totally up my alley. If you would advise me against this, what is similar?

erdawe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Supra Cubans, Zappos has them. I don't know if I've seen a gaudier ass sneaker... haha fake gold chain dangling from the front.
9755-534778-p.jpg

davo10375

Reaction score
Those sneakers above are the most disgusting things I have ever seen....

Anyway anyone know where I can cop cheap navy standard sperry boat shoes? I live in Australia so I need shipping here also.. the sperry website has them for 75 but no shipping to Australia. Stores here sell them for like $170 which is bonkers.
'
Thanlks

davo10375

Reaction score
cool site but doesnt seem to have any original boat shoes in navy! Thanks anyway mate... any idea if they are just out of stock or they dont' stock the navy ones?

Edit: Also, thoughts on whether the navy sperry's would/wouldn't look good with raw denim? The blue on blue clash is what worries me a tad.

cgardel

Reaction score
I'm looking for a good online source for Ben Sherman's Harrington jacket. Any favored recommendations?

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BrettChaotix
Looking for suggestions for brands of jeans that offer 31x36 for tall guys like me. Looking for cuts that fit similar to Acne Max or Dior 19cm. Thanks!

Drkshdw "detroit" cut in whatever washes fit pretty close to what you're looking for. Skull 5010s too but you probably know about those. J. Lindenberg has some fits that are pretty much like that too but i forget all the names. You might wanna check out the gilt sale tomorrow to see if they throw any of the slim-skinny jeans up.

Proof Rock

Reaction score
Anyone know where I can get t-shirts that fit like American Apparel, but are made with a thicker material?

se1k0

Reaction score
Hey I'm new to this forum and I don't know if there is a legit check. If there is someone could redirect me there, or just help me answer the question. I'm planning to buy a pair of APCs and I was just wondering if these are legit. The Rescues I've seen have different tags on them, but a quick response from someone more experienced would definitely be helpful. Thanks. Here are the pics:

IMG_8104.jpg

IMG_8105.jpg

IMG_8107.jpg

IMG_8108.jpg

IMG_8110.jpg

Thanks again in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads