• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
For the last two weeks we've had these uninvited houseguests - flies. Honkin' big flies. Have not been able to get rid of them - I killed off a few at the beginning, but the rest are too wily for me. The cats have caught a few, broken their wings and then left them to die of starvation. And besides, hitting them with last week's copy of The Economist has only lent a resident of Britain accent to their buzzing around as they plot the colonization of my kitchen.

So last night we're at the Home Depot, and I find a proper flyswatter. I buy it. I arrive home.

The buggers are gone. Not one to be found anywhere. Yet another tool I have no need for.

sayaret

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
For the last two weeks we've had these uninvited houseguests - flies. Honkin' big flies. Have not been able to get rid of them - I killed off a few at the beginning, but the rest are too wily for me. The cats have caught a few, broken their wings and then left them to die of starvation. And besides, hitting them with last week's copy of The Economist has only lent a resident of Britain accent to their buzzing around as they plot the colonization of my kitchen.

So last night we're at the Home Depot, and I find a proper flyswatter. I buy it. I arrive home.

The buggers are gone. Not one to be found anywhere. Yet another tool I have no need for.

flies will return, this time you're armed and ready for them

anyway,
1. this is the last night i get to spend with my girlfriend before she goes to thailand for a semester and i go to israel for god knows how long
2. i keep getting light-headed for no reason
3. i need some cotdayumn food cause i am hungry

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sayaret
flies will return, this time you're armed and ready for them

anyway,
1. this is the last night i get to spend with my girlfriend before she goes to thailand for a semester and i go to israel for god knows how long
2. i keep getting light-headed for no reason
3. i need some cotdayumn food cause i am hungry

Address #3 and perhaps #2 will also get taken care of. Good luck with the girlfriend situation.

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I find it really strange that straight men always like to assert their macho manliness around me. Checking out the bitches and saying things like "Damn, she has a nice body" and "Look at that rack." And then they look at me, expecting me to get on with my own musings about the female form. I know I seem pretty straight in real life, but dude, I carry a purse.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas

Take that piece of junk back and get one of these bad boys. Then you'll be wishing they'd come back.

41FHDTX1X0L._SS500_.jpg

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
We once had a fly swatter that would SHOOT a dart with a swatter on the end at flies. Not the most effective swatter but damn fun.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Sounds like a good way to knock your decorative whale penis off the shelf.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJman
We once had a fly swatter that would SHOOT a dart with a swatter on the end at flies. Not the most effective swatter but damn fun.

I had that too. Remarkably ineffective, but a lot of fun for a kid. My was called "Fly Shooter."

148067.jpg

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
I had that too. Remarkably ineffective, but a lot of fun for a kid. My was called "Fly Shooter."

148067.jpg

Yup, that's the one. LOL. Ineffective, but it occasionally did get results.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
Did you all get that from the Lillian Vernon catalog?

I don't remember, but I know that my mother got that catalogue. Maybe she still does.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It strikes me as exactly as the sort of remarkably ineffective item sold by a catalog retailer alongside weird old-people undergarments and amazingly tacky lawn decorations.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
No idea where it came from. It just appeared.

Are you a fan of the Archie McPhee catalog, LK?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads