• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

quick allen edmond question

iridium7777

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mdeep1
Go here: http://search.live.com/cashback

Then search for Allen Edmonds. Click on compare prices. Shoebuy should come up as a store with 34% cashback. Click on "Go to store" and everything else should be straightforward.

ah, thank you very much. although it must not be my day
confused.gif
or i can't do this from the server at work. i put in my email and then it keeps saying something "enter the following in the box below" and the go to store button doesn't work for me.

i'll try it when i get home.

Omar1223

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i am sorry to keep bothering everyone with my ignorant questions but in your guys opinion now with both great deals out there, should i get the park aves from shoebuy or soho from amazon? i like the style of the soho more but the stuff about creasing on the toe cap is making me hesitant to pull the trigger.

any help or opinions would be great appreciated. thanks a lot guys.

mdeep1

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Omar1223
i am sorry to keep bothering everyone with my ignorant questions but in your guys opinion now with both great deals out there, should i get the park aves from shoebuy or soho from amazon? i like the style of the soho more but the stuff about creasing on the toe cap is making me hesitant to pull the trigger. any help or opinions would be great appreciated. thanks a lot guys.
IMO the Park Avenue is a much better shoe. Especially since you can get it cheaper from Shoebuy than you can get the Soho from Amazon. At Shoebuy the total for Park Avenues comes out to be $154. With the Amazon Soho the total comes out to be $179 or $143 if you can get the 20% off.

Trojanman74

Reaction score
as for the evanston i bought them used and this is my first expierence with this last. the toe box is a little long and there was creasing about half a inch in front of the cap on the right shoe but on the left shoe the creasing is happening right on the punching of the captoe.

besides that the patina of the evanston is pretty nice and im glad i got it for only 50 dollars

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mdeep1
IMO the Park Avenue is a much better shoe. Especially since you can get it cheaper from Shoebuy than you can get the Soho from Amazon. At Shoebuy the total for Park Avenues comes out to be $154. With the Amazon Soho the total comes out to be $179 or $143 if you can get the 20% off.

$154??? for PA?

I thought it was still $211 34% off doesnt give you $154 unless there are some additional codes i don't know of

steveoly

Reaction score
Originally Posted by constant struggle
$154??? for PA?

I thought it was still $211 34% off doesnt give you $154 unless there are some additional codes i don't know of

Stack the 20% off code: EMLSUMBLOWOUT08 with it. And if you're a first time buyer, they take anothe 10% for registering.

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by steveoly
Stack the 20% off code: EMLSUMBLOWOUT08 with it. And if you're a first time buyer, they take anothe 10% for registering.

and who is selling this again?154 sounds like a good deal for PA,do they have merlot?

unexpected

Reaction score
Size question:

I'm a solid 15.5 in shoes - do the AE's run a little big? or do they run a little small?

Here are some size comparisons for me. I know no one else will probably be my size, but maybe you can tell me if there is a size variation with the AE's from any of these shoes:

Nike - 16
Kenneth Cole New York - 15
Kenneth Cole Reaction - 16
Brooks Beast Running Shoes - 15
Puma - 16

As you can see, trying to class it up with the AE's!

iridium7777

Reaction score
Originally Posted by steveoly

word... got a pair of these badboys for 233.99 before the extra %34 discount
lol8[1].gif

allen193891_96636_jb.jpg

mdeep1

Reaction score
The fact that these are $154 after all the discounts amazes me. Best deal of the year in my opinion.

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by unexpected
Size question:

I'm a solid 15.5 in shoes - do the AE's run a little big? or do they run a little small?

Here are some size comparisons for me. I know no one else will probably be my size, but maybe you can tell me if there is a size variation with the AE's from any of these shoes:

Nike - 16
Kenneth Cole New York - 15
Kenneth Cole Reaction - 16
Brooks Beast Running Shoes - 15
Puma - 16

As you can see, trying to class it up with the AE's!

Hi Shaq, normally you should drop at least a size number off your Nike size. 16 Nike should be 15 AE. YMMV

Jenaimarr

Reaction score
I guess they changed something with the website since last night. The additional 20% is now deducted upon checkout.

Allen-Edmonds Soho 8.5D in Black Calf - $139.98.... Score!

Brian278

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jenaimarr
I guess they changed something with the website since last night. The additional 20% is now deducted upon checkout. Allen-Edmonds Soho 8.5D in Black Calf - $139.98.... Score!
That is a damn good deal for what might be the best shoe AE makes. I have a pair in brown (Cognac?) and love them. Great way to get AE quality and value with a sleeker chisel-toe last.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads