• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PSA: Ralph Lauren Outlet a@ Woodbury Opened Today 25% Off Promotion

Zegnamtl

Reaction score
Originally Posted by aportnoy
According to Karen at Paul Stuart, Chicago, we blew more business through their shoe department in 3 days than they had seen in the last 3 months.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

That is very impressive!
smile.gif

SuitingStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by haganah
I called, a guy picked up, asked if I heard about this from the internet and said they would call me back
frown.gif
where's the love??

Give them a break, I don't think their little store is set up to handle a feeding frenzy.
Also, most of employees in the outlet store are from upstate I think, so they are not used to the busy pace NYC retail during sales season.

Def. gives me more chance to go to woodbury whenever I go upstate.
I hope they don't think I am the guy who is responsible for their misreable busy weekend , and put me on their **** list.

vitaminc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Holdfast
I think eBay is going to have a glut of PL & BL merchandise soon - you know there are fair few lurkers here too!
smile.gif

I'm just glad I've sold all my own recent stock already! I don't think I'll ever be able to sell any PL/BL again, given this outlet's opening!
laugh.gif

Hope to see some merchandise here on the Buying and Selling forum. I called just an hour earlier and a guy told me the sales that's in charge of the inventory has left for the day and advised me to call in tomorrow 9am EST.

Originally Posted by aportnoy
According to Karen at Paul Stuart, Chicago, we blew more business through their shoe department in 3 days than they had seen in the last 3 months.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

You probably did half of the damage!

slycedbred

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I didn't order any, but in all honesty do you guys think that this one store could actually destroy the eBay market?

I have, however, noticed that prices fetched for things for sale have decreased overall =(

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The three RLPL suits that I got for $450/per had retails of the following:

$3995
$4195
$4995

That's almost $14k in suits for $1400. Given my experience with the fit and quality of the brand, a chance I was more than willing to take sight unseen.

SuitingStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by slycedbred
I didn't order any, but in all honesty do you guys think that this one store could actually destroy the eBay market?

I have, however, noticed that prices fetched for things for sale have decreased overall =(

def. destory the market for Holdfast
laugh.gif

Given that 25% off sale is not on all year round, the price would be in line of what Ebay sells.
But , if the rumor becomes the truth and Polo starting sending EGs to this outlet store, then that would be ridicoulous.

Mister

Reaction score
I called and they sold out of everything "due to that internet site" and have backorders on all incoming shipments. Thanks, assholes

smile.gif

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
One question for you guys, since you know black label better then i do.

I bought a 36R since the shoulders will fit me, the chest will be .5" tight, can the chest be let out .5"?

Shikar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SkinnyGoomba
One question for you guys, since you know black label better then i do.

I bought a 36R since the shoulders will fit me, the chest will be .5" tight, can the chest be let out .5"?

Exhale.

Regards.
PS. Sorry, I just could not resist...
musicboohoo[1].gif

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mister
I called and they sold out of everything "due to that internet site" and have backorders on all incoming shipments. Thanks, assholes

smile.gif

Hang on. This is a store selling only Black and Purple label and they sold out of everything?

lefty

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
lol maybe it does, but i called them today and they were taking orders on the other phone also, the store can only stock sooo many suits at one time.

sartort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SkinnyGoomba
lol maybe it does, but i called them today and they were taking orders on the other phone also, the store can only stock sooo many suits at one time.

i called the store 15 minutes after chorse123 posted about his navy 38R he put on hold. I inquired about other black label stock. They had 2 suits, neither of which interested me at that point.

I called back about an hour later to expand my search to Purple Label suits and Black Label pants. By then Denise said a lot of the 38's had sold.

I ended up getting a pair of black label pants only. I've been on the hunt for an all season mid grey pair and they happened to have one in my size.

Not nearly a deal the suits were/are, but I am happy I've finally found a pair of medium gray pants in black label.

Moral of the story, there was definitely a run on the store imo and that their stock might have gotten depleted.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads