Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

PSA: Ralph Lauren Outlet [email protected] Woodbury Opened Today 25% Off Promotion

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by andyw, Jun 20, 2008.

1. Mister

Mister Active Member

Hang on. This is a store selling only Black and Purple label and they sold out of everything?

lefty

Everything in 36. He said they also were basically out of 38 and 40. I could have 42s, 44s, if I wanted.

2. lefty

lefty Senior member

Everything in 36. He said they also were basically out of 38 and 40. I could have 42s, 44s, if I wanted.

Got it. Thanks.

lefty

3. RichmondStyle

RichmondStyle Senior member

If anybody has a Black Label or Purple Label solid gray or navy in a 42L on hold that they don't want anymore, please PM me. Thanks.

edit -- is anybody able to get through on the phone this morning?

4. unaware

unaware Senior member

late to the party as usual. Was going to stop by Woodbury later this week anyways. Maybe I'll take a picture of the emptry Ralph Lauren store just to show the destructive power of SF...

5. RichmondStyle

Just talked to Denise and she said that they are completely swamped by calls from "that web site" and she would get back to me later today if she still had anything in the size and color I requested.

6. gordon gartrell

gordon gartrell Well-Known Member

Outlets seem to be more psychological than substance (pricewise)...I've been to the Ralph Lauren Outlet several times and didn't find the prices to be in the least bit spectacular....With that being said there always seems to be a 25% off sale at RL just like the Banana Republic Outlet always have 40% off thier stuff.

7. Zegnamtl

Zegnamtl Senior member

Outlets seem to be more psychological than substance (pricewise)...I've been to the Ralph Lauren Outlet several times and didn't find the prices to be in the least bit spectacular....With that being said there always seems to be a 25% off sale at RL just like the Banana Republic Outlet always have 40% off thier stuff.

In my limited experience with outlets, they serve their purpose a few times a year when chains must dump large amounts of merchandise, and during the remainder of the year, they stock the shelves with generic outlet oriented gear at barely a discount and over hyped. It seems to do well for them on a year long basis.

It all comes down to timing and knowledge, you can do well if both are on your side.

8. SuitingStyle

SuitingStyle Senior member

they should just stop taking phone orders [​IMG]

9. haganah

haganah Senior member

In the future, can people not say a website advertised it?

10. RichmondStyle

In the future, can people not say a website advertised it?

I wasn't even asked, she already knew.

We do need to adopt some rules of etiquette for this stuff -- if asked, just say that a friend saw the sale and let you know about it.

11. chorse123

chorse123 Senior member

I usually say I heard from a friend.

12. SkinnyGoomba

SkinnyGoomba Senior member

Oh sorry guys, i didnt figure it made a difference if i mentioned it.

I propose an Omerta of styleforum

13. Shikar

Shikar Senior member

They are making money...we are spending money.
    Each major SF frenzy generates about $50,000.00 worth of spending (tough to be exact as lots of lurkers too). Rather than hide that, I would look for ways to promote our site IMO.

Regards.

14. RichmondStyle

How about this as a proposal (though I'm not exactly a longstanding member of SF):

There should be a special PSA deal thread that is only accessible to folks that are logged in and have a certain threshold number of posts. This keeps lurkers and those that don't contribute to the forum from stealing suits away from the folks that make this forum an enjoyable read.

Thoughts?

15. haganah

haganah Senior member

How about this as a proposal (though I'm not exactly a longstanding member of SF): There should be a special PSA deal thread that is only accessible to folks that are logged in and have a certain threshold number of posts. This keeps lurkers and those that don't contribute to the forum from stealing suits away from the folks that make this forum an enjoyable read. Thoughts?
    You have 36 posts.