• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Isaia MTM vs. Rizzo Bespoke

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
excellent!! glad to hear it. Looking forward to photos when your suit arrives! I also dig the ticket pocket, nothing wrong with that!

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I've never warmed to the ticket pocket. It always looks off to me, especially on a non-British suit, but I am in the minority.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
I've never warmed to the ticket pocket. It always looks off to me, especially on a non-British suit, but I am in the minority.

One of the things that I have found is how practical a ticket pocket is for a bit of easy to access cash and a cell phone...I have never really liked putting anything in my interior breast pockets except for a fountain pen. Similarly, using the outpockets does not feel quite right to me either. The location and dimensions of a ticket pocket keep things tidy and fast to find.

But, you have an interesting point about them on non-British coats...the Italian coats that I have have (all RTW except for a Solito) all put the ticket pocket in locations that are a bit off...on the Solito, particularly, it is in a location that would make my English tailor frown, or at least, furrow his brow in perplexity.

- B

CunningSmeagol

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SuitingStyle
I thought that was the whole point of getting MTM? You are getting an MTM, can't they easily replace the patch with regular flap pockets?

Isaia rep said they couldn't! I was surprised, too.

Originally Posted by SuitingStyle
Nice touch with ticket pocket, did you go for 2 button and peak lapel as well?

Three button, notch (God I hope they get that right...).

Originally Posted by The_Foxx
excellent!! glad to hear it. Looking forward to photos when your suit arrives! I also dig the ticket pocket, nothing wrong with that!

We're looking at early May
cry.gif

MTM

Reaction score
I'm confident that Isaia will get it right. I'm just curios how much a suit like that will set you back. Also, what made you choose a three button over two?

CunningSmeagol

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MTM
I'm confident that Isaia will get it right. I'm just curios how much a suit like that will set you back. Also, what made you choose a three button over two?
All isaia models I've had have had three buttons and I liked the stance. Cost depends on cloth. Mine was relatively cheap, roughly $2800.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RunningBeagle
All isaia models I've had have had three buttons and I liked the stance. Cost depends on cloth. Mine was relatively cheap, roughly $2800.
This is roughly what I've paid for my MTM Isaia suits. I'm very interested in your assessment of yours once you get it.

CunningSmeagol

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bad light+bad camera=bad pics. Sorry.

Very pleased with the suit. I had them sew the buttons on, not cut holes, until I'd worn it a bit, but I think sleeve length is spot on currently. Jacket length is a little on the short side, but it makes me look more modern and I'm fine with that.

img0016cq3.jpg
img0018iv6.jpg

img0021em9.jpg
img0022ww8.jpg

img0028nb1.jpg

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I like short jackets, but from the front that jacket looks a bit too short. I know this sounds like internet message board geekness, but I think a half inch longer up front would make it look better. The side/back seems fine from what I can tell, I take it the bottom of the jacket is angled. Also, with a short jacket I think shorter and smaller than normal hems complete the look. Your non cuffed pants are causing me to cry.

Took another look and are the shoulders a smidgen long?

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
I know this sounds like internet message board geekness

You say that like it's a bad thing.

I agree that the coat is too short. I think the shoulders are fine, however.

SirSuturesALot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
I like short jackets, but from the front that jacket looks a bit too short. I know this sounds like internet message board geekness, but I think a half inch longer up front would make it look better. The side/back seems fine from what I can tell, I take it the bottom of the jacket is angled. Also, with a short jacket I think shorter and smaller than normal hems complete the look. Your non cuffed pants are causing me to cry.

Took another look and are the shoulders a smidgen long?

Should suit pants always be cuffed? Or does that extend to all pants?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads