• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Isaia MTM vs. Rizzo Bespoke

CunningSmeagol

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have very long arms. Does that change anything re: length?

SuitingStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
looks good overall, but I agree with others, jacket is too short.
Its funny though, OTR Isaia coats usually run on bit longer than others brands I have, did you request the jacket to be on the shorter end or that's what the Isaia guy suggested?

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RunningBeagle
Only the sleeves. The body length should be judged independently of your arm length.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Originally Posted by edmorel
I like short jackets, but from the front that jacket looks a bit too short. I know this sounds like internet message board geekness, but I think a half inch longer up front would make it look better. The side/back seems fine from what I can tell, I take it the bottom of the jacket is angled. Also, with a short jacket I think shorter and smaller than normal hems complete the look. Your non cuffed pants are causing me to cry.

Please also note that the camera was placed about knee-high when taking these shots; not the best angle to judge the front length I would think.

jamesbond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like everything about that Isaia except the jacket length, its just too short and for $2,800.00 i would think the Isaia reps would be able to get that correct. Oh well, as long as your happy with it.

Rizzo is still working on my Solid navy suit. I will take some better pictures when its done and we can compare the two. Not that there even remotly the same style but who cares.

CunningSmeagol

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whacked
Please also note that the camera was placed about knee-high when taking these shots; not the best angle to judge the front length I would think.
Camera was about belly button high. Maybe I should place it higher? @James Bond, yeah totally different styles, but I like compare/contrast threads. @All, I'm was aware it was too short, but didn't think it was horrible. What's the concensus on severity of the problem (i.e. should I ask them to remake it)? Thx for the comments.

SuitingStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

@All, I'm was aware it was too short, but didn't think it was horrible. What's the concensus on severity of the problem (i.e. should I ask them to remake it)?

Thx for the comments.

I would take it back to the Isaia sales guy and complain. I don't like any jacket that doesn't completely cover my rear, and this one really boarders on that judging from the side view pic. Given you've paid close to 3k for the MTM suit, you should demand to have a close to perfect fit ( I could live with it if this suit was bought @ deep discount as OTR, but you paid full retail).

If nothing else, at least voice your unhappiness and try to get a good discount on your next MTM Isaia (if there is a next one for you that is)

CunningSmeagol

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You guys have me worried sick! Found this quote, might take pics:
There is no rule. The ideal length will vary based on the wearers physical proportions, cut of the suit, fashion, personal preferences, etc.. If you are new to suits and lack the ability and confidence to judge length then the thumb guideline can sometimes be helpful. To be sure the length is near the standard use this guideline I stole from a more advanced member: 1 Get naked 2 Put on jacket 3 Look at butt in mirror )_ Results should be like the diagram, fully covering, with or without a touch (.2-.5") extra.
img0024gn2.jpg

CunningSmeagol

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I've consulted a forum-esteemed retailer who agrees the coat is too short, and I'm talking to Barney's about fixing it. I compared it against my other Isaia longs and it's a good 2 inches shorter for some reason. I know I didn't specify that I wanted it shorter when ordering.

Anyway, the salesman I worked with at Barney's has been nothing but professional (one phone call describing the problem), and I have decent confidence that this will work out to my/our satisfaction.

You gotta figure that if Isaia's costs are around $400 per suit (though I suspect much, much less), remaking a jacket (that sold for $3,000 - albeit through Barney's) can't hurt their margin too badly, especially factoring in the repeat customer factor. Anyone have any experience with a department store fixing a MTM project gone awry?

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
So I've consulted a forum-esteemed retailer who agrees the coat is too short, and I'm talking to Barney's about fixing it. I compared it against my other Isaia longs and it's a good 2 inches shorter for some reason. I know I didn't specify that I wanted it shorter when ordering.

Anyway, the salesman I worked with at Barney's has been nothing but professional (one phone call describing the problem), and I have decent confidence that this will work out to my/our satisfaction.

You gotta figure that if Isaia's costs are around $400 per suit (though I suspect much, much less), remaking a jacket (that sold for $3,000 - albeit through Barney's) can't hurt their margin too badly, especially factoring in the repeat customer factor. Anyone have any experience with a department store fixing a MTM project gone awry?

Isaia's costs are probably a bit more than $400, if I had to guess based on other brands I've seen at wholesale. I am not sure that you'll get a new jacket, they will most likely lengthen that one. If you are adamant on a new jacket, you should express that early on and really, really stay on top of them but it will probably come down to how important Barney's is to Isaia and how important you are to Barney's. Of course like everything else I say here, I am most likely 100% wrong.

CunningSmeagol

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Isaia's costs are probably a bit more than $400, if I had to guess based on other brands I've seen at wholesale. I am not sure that you'll get a new jacket, they will most likely lengthen that one. If you are adamant on a new jacket, you should express that early on and really, really stay on top of them but it will probably come down to how important Barney's is to Isaia and how important you are to Barney's. Of course like everything else I say here, I am most likely 100% wrong.
How can a jacket be lengthened? Button stance is too high too.

SuitingStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How can a jacket be lengthened? Button stance is too high too.

You should just request a remake, it is the Salesperson's fault not measuring you right in the first place.

What was the salesperson propsed "fix" when you talked to him on the phone, just curious?

linjiuxia

Reaction score
Dear sir,
We are a made to measure tailor with suit and shirt from China.We have 40 years experience with making suit and shirt.
Ref made to measure service, we start this programme in 2000 year.After 8 years development , we have one efficient group to handle made to measure order.Such as technician room, cutting room, production line, packing room, inspector group.Based on mutual efforts with customer, made to measure programme developed quickly.Now our main market is in USA and European countries.I am very happy to welome you visit our factory.
Our suit with competitive price will bring you more profit. And also our suit with individual cut can give you very excellent fitting.

welcome you move your order to our company.

Joanna
[email protected]
Qingdao runfaster

CunningSmeagol

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

They remade it, and I will do pics soon.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads