• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gaziano & Girling: Good things...

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by grimslade
It is smaller than average. I kind of like it though. Gorgeous color, great looking shoes.

Grimsie i agree with you! esp with the color! i really need some shoes like these in this color for the summer months if not pine then chestut would be a great replacement - maybe in pig skin
cool.gif
cool.gif
satisfied.gif
decisions.gif

Merckx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Now we're talkin'.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Nice looking shoes Jamaican, thanks for taking the time to post better pictures in regards to lighting and point of view. I'm in agreement with Grimslade and luk-cha, I'm appreciative of the color as well.

Robwynge

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jamaican

As regards the fit for these, they hurt when I put them on the first time and will need some breaking in time. I was surprised at this as my hove shoes (yes, a derby so this may be the difference) fit like a glove straight out of the box. I do have a high instep though...

Where does it hurt? I would not be surprised if you said over your toes or the lower part of your instep, since the toe box looks pretty low. I like lower toe boxes, as it make the shoe far more sleek looking, but I find that the break points in the leather can dig into my toes as I flex my foot. This usually goes away after a few wearings. I am not sure if that is because the leather softens or I get callouses at those points.

academe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gorgeous!
inlove.gif

The medallion does look a bit smaller, although I think it helps to underscore the elegant lines and shaping of the toe. A larger medallion would distract from the clean lines and draw more attention to itself, rather than to the form/silhouette of the shoe.

Originally Posted by jamaican
Thanks M. Would you mind taking out the Cannes pics. I will post them a bit later J.

ImportedPhotos00518.jpg

ImportedPhotos00511.jpg

ImportedPhotos00517.jpg

Question is, is this medallion smaller than normal or somehow unconventionally positioned. My CJ Cliffords have a medallion that takes up much more of the space of the toe area on the wing tip.

william

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great shoes. I may purchase that model myself if I can find a way to get sized.

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by william
Great shoes. I may purchase that model myself if I can find a way to get sized.

G&G fit me the same as my C&J and Vass - if this is any help!!!!!!!!!!!!
devil.gif

jamaican

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Robwynge
Where does it hurt? I would not be surprised if you said over your toes or the lower part of your instep, since the toe box looks pretty low. I like lower toe boxes, as it make the shoe far more sleek looking, but I find that the break points in the leather can dig into my toes as I flex my foot. This usually goes away after a few wearings. I am not sure if that is because the leather softens or I get callouses at those points.

The pain is in the part of my foot where the laces sit. Is this called the facing? Anyway, no pain in my toes at all thankfully. I can feel the shoes easing out each time I put them on so that's good news for me.

gurus5000

Reaction score
So how long did these shoes take to receive them? Also with the mto program that G&G run what options do you have with the shoes?

Thanks in advance Jamaican
smile.gif

jamaican

Reaction score
Oh what's this? Another one... well ok. I have been such a good boy, I really do deserve it: The Cannes on Mahogany Highland grain in size 11E on the KN14 last (I usually wear 11.5 E) . After measuring my foot, Dean Girling suggested that I drop down half a size for their slip on shoes. Finished in exactly five months... the photos don't do justice to the colour; These have a gorgeous purple hue. When I first put them on it was painful, but within a few minutes they stretched out to be comfortable and still snug on the foot. [X-post with a certain "other" site.]

ImportedPhotos00493.jpg

ImportedPhotos00498.jpg

ImportedPhotos00496.jpg

ImportedPhotos00501.jpg

ImportedPhotos00495.jpg

ImportedPhotos00492.jpg

ImportedPhotos00487.jpg

Michael Ay329

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The medallion is lovely

For your future MTO orders, you can use any of their other medallions, your're not stuck with the base medallion they have on the specific named model

You can use any medallion they have available and I once counted 7 different ones for the MTO program

This is a minor adjustment which is permitted

I personally think there is a good amount of spacing between the medallion and the toe so don't focus you're attention there

This permits a beautiful shine to truly flourish instead of the medallion crowding out what little area there is left up to the front of the shoe

G&G wing tip brogue designs are awesome, but I still have to stick it to you by saying for my own tastes, a darker color, say dark burgundy or black would've made an excellent shoe just sparkle a bit more

Thanks for sharing them with us and am glad the photobucket advice worked

jamaican

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Michael Ay329
... G&G wing tip brogue designs are awesome, but I still have to stick it to you by saying for my own tastes, a darker color, say dark burgundy or black would've made an excellent shoe just sparkle a bit more

Hmmm... I think I needed a lightish coloured shoe for summer, spring and autumn rotation... I am, however, thinking about an austere brogue (G&G Connaught) in G&G's vintage Rioja colour.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads