1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Gaziano & Girling: Good things...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by jamaican, May 29, 2008.

1. sloane

sloane Member

Beautiful shoes mate. Your brogues do indeed have a lot of funk.

2. jamaican

jamaican Senior member

Ok... I have uploaded the pictures to the photobucket account... The attachment manager does not let me upload... some kind of writing error... any ideas? Yours frustratedly, Jamaican

3. Michael Ay329

Michael Ay329 Senior member

Then from photobucket, just copy and paste them along with your message

That is how I was forced to do and resulted in large pics being posted to boot

4. jamaican

jamaican Senior member

Hmmm. Still experiencing problems...

5. Merckx

Merckx Senior member

Instead of copying and pasting the direct link, try copying and pasting the IMG code.

6. Merckx

Merckx Senior member

7. jamaican

jamaican Senior member

Thanks M...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Question is, is this medallion smaller than normal or somehow unconventionally positioned. My CJ Cliffords have a medallion that takes up much more of the space of the toe area on the wing tip.

8. luk-cha

luk-cha Senior member Dubiously Honored

now these are much better! thanks for them - the waist treatment is awesome and it is comparable to my bespokes - now i am tempted to get me MK1'a resoled so that i can get the real deal on the waist[​IMG]

looking forward to seeing pic of the cannes this too is one of my favorite's from G&G's RTW collection

9. grimslade

grimslade Senior member

It is smaller than average. I kind of like it though. Gorgeous color, great looking shoes.

10. jamaican

jamaican Senior member

... the waist treatment is awesome and it is comparable to my bespokes - now i am tempted to get me MK1'a resoled so that i can get the real deal on the waist[​IMG]

I looked at the waist treatment on the samples of the MTO new styles in March and compared them with bespoke samples on display... the MTOs are giving EG TD a run for their money and may be equivalent or superior, however, I think you are being too generous when you say they are comparable to the bespokes. The bespoke sample shoes Tony showed me were just in another league... much finer, more precise, even more care taken, sharper fiddle back.

As regards the fit for these, they hurt when I put them on the first time and will need some breaking in time. I was surprised at this as my hove shoes (yes, a derby so this may be the difference) fit like a glove straight out of the box. I do have a high instep though...

The quality is excellent and has come on even further than the Mk. 1 MTOs I got last year. I wonder where the two Gs will improve quality now. Tony spoke last year about making an MTO with no gap between the heel and the upper, like on the bespoke shoes... Luk-cha perhaps you should hold off your resole projects till then!

11. luk-cha

It is smaller than average. I kind of like it though. Gorgeous color, great looking shoes.

Grimsie i agree with you! esp with the color! i really need some shoes like these in this color for the summer months if not pine then chestut would be a great replacement - maybe in pig skin[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

12. Merckx

Merckx Senior member

Now we're talkin'. [​IMG]

Nice looking shoes Jamaican, thanks for taking the time to post better pictures in regards to lighting and point of view. I'm in agreement with Grimslade and luk-cha, I'm appreciative of the color as well.

13. Robwynge

Robwynge Senior member

As regards the fit for these, they hurt when I put them on the first time and will need some breaking in time. I was surprised at this as my hove shoes (yes, a derby so this may be the difference) fit like a glove straight out of the box. I do have a high instep though...

Where does it hurt? I would not be surprised if you said over your toes or the lower part of your instep, since the toe box looks pretty low. I like lower toe boxes, as it make the shoe far more sleek looking, but I find that the break points in the leather can dig into my toes as I flex my foot. This usually goes away after a few wearings. I am not sure if that is because the leather softens or I get callouses at those points.

14. academe

academe Senior member

Gorgeous! [​IMG]

The medallion does look a bit smaller, although I think it helps to underscore the elegant lines and shaping of the toe. A larger medallion would distract from the clean lines and draw more attention to itself, rather than to the form/silhouette of the shoe.

Thanks M. Would you mind taking out the Cannes pics. I will post them a bit later J.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Question is, is this medallion smaller than normal or somehow unconventionally positioned. My CJ Cliffords have a medallion that takes up much more of the space of the toe area on the wing tip.

15. william

william Senior member

Great shoes. I may purchase that model myself if I can find a way to get sized.

16. luk-cha

Great shoes. I may purchase that model myself if I can find a way to get sized.

G&G fit me the same as my C&J and Vass - if this is any help!!!!!!!!!!!![​IMG]

17. Fordvalley

Fordvalley New Member

[​IMG] Of course if they are both bespoke.

18. william

william Senior member

Check PM!

19. jamaican

jamaican Senior member

Where does it hurt? I would not be surprised if you said over your toes or the lower part of your instep, since the toe box looks pretty low. I like lower toe boxes, as it make the shoe far more sleek looking, but I find that the break points in the leather can dig into my toes as I flex my foot. This usually goes away after a few wearings. I am not sure if that is because the leather softens or I get callouses at those points.

The pain is in the part of my foot where the laces sit. Is this called the facing? Anyway, no pain in my toes at all thankfully. I can feel the shoes easing out each time I put them on so that's good news for me.

20. gurus5000

gurus5000 Member

So how long did these shoes take to receive them? Also with the mto program that G&G run what options do you have with the shoes?

Thanks in advance Jamaican[​IMG]