• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thick as Thieves ONLINE

Notreknip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Your medium grey shots just made my day. After some extended discussion with Jason re: fabric, I ended up going with the medium grey. It will be my second TaT suit and I'm very glad I went with something that can under no circumstances look remotely similar to navy.

GiantSwan

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm new here at style forum. I joined because I just ordered my first TaT suit after reading about everyones experiences with Jason and seeing the awesome results. I'm getting a charcoal 2 button with a notched, slightly-wider-than-house lapel. I'm so excited, 3 weeks is too long.

I have to add that my experience with the ordering was almost surrealistically easy. It was so easy, in fact that I almost have that feeling like I must have missed something crucial entirely. I told Jason my measurements, listed my preferences, referenced some suits on this board that had similar stylistic tweaks to the ones I wanted, he said OK, and I got a bill for the quoted amount. This is all the more amazing, since I think I only discovered that TaT existed 48 hours ago.

linsook

Reaction score
Originally Posted by GiantSwan
Hi everyone, I'm new here at style forum. I joined because I just ordered my first TaT suit after reading about everyones experiences with Jason and seeing the awesome results. I'm getting a charcoal 2 button with a notched, slightly-wider-than-house lapel. I'm so excited, 3 weeks is too long.

I have to add that my experience with the ordering was almost surrealistically easy. It was so easy, in fact that I almost have that feeling like I must have missed something crucial entirely. I told Jason my measurements, listed my preferences, referenced some suits on this board that had similar stylistic tweaks to the ones I wanted, he said OK, and I got a bill for the quoted amount. This is all the more amazing, since I think I only discovered that TaT existed 48 hours ago.

welcome to the forum, i'm pretty new here too, and signed up because of jason's suits.

looking forward to seeing yours and Notreknip results.

Dandy Highwayman

Reaction score
Linsook, I really like the medium grey colour of your suit. Think I might go for that if and when I order my next one! Although I also want to get a basic navy at some point...hmm, decisions decisions...

All I need now is money.

arhhhhjay

Reaction score
I wore my suit for the first time today, at my graduation.

Jacket lining:
2519574382_dfd711e46f_o.jpg

Medium Grey 2 button suit:
2518756657_414539c061_o.jpg

It looks like my jacket sleeve is a tad short. Is it possible to get it lengthened a bit? I have non-functional cuffs.

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You look sharp, the suit is very flattering to your figure.

There should be extra material inside the sleeve to be let out, any tailor should be able to do that.

cungfoo

Reaction score
My tailor opened up the sleeve to check. But you can feel for extra material in the sleeves and determine if you have enough left.

nickG

Reaction score
heres a few pics. none of me wearing since i cant take a good picture of myself and havent had a good excuse to wear it out yet.
DSCN0225.jpg
DSCN0226.jpg

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
just received mine today....

I gotta say, the initial fit and look of the suit is almost better than I expected. I need a couple slight tweaks to the pant length and left sleeve length, but all I have to say is wow. I will definitely be a repeat customer.

I'll try posting pictures as soon as I can.

wetwax

Reaction score
getting ready to order a TaT suit -- my first ever (other than a misguided discount store purchase that has been exiled to the back of my closet). can anyone offer some advice as to fabric? I'm pretty sure I want it in grey, but am not sure if I should go medium or charcoal, or flannel, or what. getting excited...

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Depends. If it's a general all around purpose suit, go for charcoal. The dark gray will look great in formal settings and people won't be able to tell it from black (or at least, they will assume it's black).

nickG

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lel
Depends. If it's a general all around purpose suit, go for charcoal. The dark gray will look great in formal settings and people won't be able to tell it from black (or at least, they will assume it's black).

i dont know how dark the dark gray is, but the charcoal flannel suit i posted above is pretty dark.

and wetwax, id go with the flannel. its only $35 more or so and im glad i spent it although i dont know what the basic fabric feels like.

Casanova White

Reaction score
For anyone in the UK who ordered one of these, what was the deal with import duty as on a $400 suit it could increase the price quite a bit?

Thanks

CW

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads